Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Worlds" & "Mirror Universe" PDFs Availability

Hi all,

Just joined this site. I am looking for some of the old and now not sold anymore Decipher gamebooks. The ones I am looking for are:

Star Trek: Worlds
    Through A Glass Darkly: The Mirror Universe
    Blood and Honor: The Klingons
    Peacekeepers: The Guide to Soldiers & Diplomats

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by gmt View Post
    Hi all,

Just joined this site. I am looking for some of the old and now not sold anymore Decipher gamebooks. The ones I am looking for are:

Star Trek: Worlds
    Through A Glass Darkly: The Mirror Universe
    Blood and Honor: The Klingons
    Peacekeepers: The Guide to Soldiers & Diplomats

Thanks in advance!
    You'll find this to be highly difficult.

The first two books where published as buyable pdfs only. The other books have never been released. So I guess that you might be able to _somehow_ find copies of the PDFs somewhere, obtaining notletigimate versions of those titles.

The other two books shall be very _very_ hard to come by I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    If anyone does, let me know... : P
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    If anyone does, let me know... : P
    Quite so.

Thanks for your reply, I didn't realize that these two were never released. Any tips on legally aquiring the PDF's of the released ones? PM's welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    You'll find this to be highly difficult.

The first two books where published as buyable pdfs only. The other books have never been released. So I guess that you might be able to _somehow_ find copies of the PDFs somewhere, obtaining notletigimate versions of those titles.

Quote Originally Posted by gmt View Post
    Any tips on legally aquiring the PDF's of the released ones? PM's welcome.
    Uhhh... what're the digital copyright laws like where you are? : P
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

From a legal standpoint, it is virtual impossible to obtain the PDFs. Decipher's license has expired, so they should not be making the PDFs avialbe anymore. That is one of the benefits of books. They can be resold as used. Current US didgial copyright laws even prevent someone who bought the PDFS to sell them and transfer ownership.

From a purely tehnical standpoint it is certainly possible to obtain the books in PDF form, and there are those who have done so. However, making the PDFs avialbe or instreucting somehow how to obtain them are topics that are not suitable or permitted on this forum. No one wants top get the site in any trouble.

Hello one and all

I just discovered this forum and you guys are the last hope I have (as best I can tell at this point) of ever obtaining the PDFs of the last two books put out by Decipher, the Worlds and Mirror Universe books.

If anyone has any method or idea for how I can obtain these two PDFs, I'd be extremely grateful. I'm aware of the copyright laws and such, very aware of them. I worked with copyright law everyday for a number of years. There must be some method for obtaining the books without a problem, though.

If anyone can help me or has an idea, please PM me or email me at pcofhod@charter.net and I would be extremely appreciative. Thank you for your time and attention.

There is no legal way to acquire copies of either book, as has been mentioned again and again in this thread. And to preclude further requests and the reposting of the same responses, I'm closing this thread.

PLEASE NOTE: ALL ATTEMPTS TO REVIVE THIS TOPIC IN NEW THREADS WILL BE DELETED AND THE POSTER WARNED.
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 02-10-2009 at 12:37 PM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy