Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Must Christoper Tolkien Die?

Quote Originally Posted by DuneMessiah View Post
    The existence of varying public manifestations of a work of fiction liberates the viewers (or readers) vision of the work again from the oppressive feeling that a single representation might have on him.
    That means if you read a book, you make your own private interpretation of it.. Then you see the movie and in most cases people therafter might not be able to enyoj the book again as they did before because the movie will cloud their fantasy. But if there are several films about the book this will most likely not happen. Or at least the reader has the choice of wich aspects of which movie he will integrate into his vision. And most of the time it won't be the aspects that had the most budget dediated to special effects...
    ...at least this is my humble personal experience.
    Meh. I think you're overreacting that PJ's LOTR oppresses everyone's own interpretation of Tolkien's work.

I mean the same could be said of EVERY SINGLE ADAPTED SCREENPLAYS that Hollywood or any international film industry have ported over.

Should we worry that the new JJA Trek film would oppress the way we have seen Trek?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    I just wish more experimentation was done when actually adapting material; how many space-opera-ified versions of Dune do we need? I'd like to see a Wire-esque take on the bureaucratic, pompous cattiness that pervades the book's universe.
    More experimentations would deviate the storyline from the actual work it is being adapted from. It is also costly.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer