Thread: Second Spacedock design contest Idea

Second Spacedock design contest Idea

Dropships? Are there any designs out there . . . none that I am aware of unless you include the Utah.
    Design something around a concept that we don't see often . . . say a colony ship . . . a system monitor . . . a pleasure ship of some sort . . .

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Do they need to be Federation in design?

I've had an ICON system Romulan Dropship on my computer for some time.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

A Dropship? I'm not sure if Star Fleet would subscribe to such a Design. Warlike Species like the Kingons would use them - as well as those short on Resources like the Cardassians would build them as well.

I'd love to see some more Civilian designs.
    "Space may be the Final Frontier, but it's made in a Hollywood basement"

Red Hot Chili Peppers "Californication"

"per aspera ad astra"

Seneca

Export variant or common pleasure "boat"

Well, just like how the F-16, Rafale, Mig-29 each have multiple export variants . . . or how there are common pleasure boat designs that one can find world wide . . . I am sure there are like concepts in the 24th century

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

For a contest we should agree on a comparable Design idea first. True in a Galaxy full of species there are countless manufacturers with designs. But as for Spacedock many Differences in design will be more or less superficial when it comes down to the bare statistics.
    Another idea would be a small vessel for Prospectors seeking to mine Asteroids.

A Vessel designed for Salvage Operations

A Large Mining ship that Sweeps Asteroid belts for precious Materials, Processing large Asteroids in the Process.

A small Yacht used for Dignitaries and Emissaries.

A large Colony Ship, uncomfortable, designed to haul large Quantities of Colonists and their Equipment.

A Mirror Universe Slave Transport. Very, Very Spartan even for the Crew, and don't expect any pleasantries for the cargo to be installed (meager meals and basic life support)
    "Space may be the Final Frontier, but it's made in a Hollywood basement"

Red Hot Chili Peppers "Californication"

"per aspera ad astra"

Seneca

Or how about creating stats for vessels seen onscreen which have not been stated out . . . like those tugs seen in DS9.