Thread: Over a dozen new Trek licenses granted by CBS

Over a dozen new Trek licenses granted by CBS

This seems to be the biggest marketing move for the franchise in years, maybe ever, but so far there's sadly no news on a new Trek RPG

News found here:

http://www.trektoday.com/news/110608_01.shtml

Or even more here:
    http://trekmovie.com/2008/06/10/cbs-...trek-licenses/

That'S just merchnadising to go with the new movie. No doubt there with be T-Shirts, Action Figures, phasers, tricoders, communicators, toy starships, models, blankets, and the usual stuff to go with it.

In the second article they mention a new TOS-era Enterprise model will be released. I think that there will be a lot of movie stuff, but I hope that there will be some classical merchandise covering all the Trek eras and maybe a RPG somewhere down the road...

I hope so, but I suspect it will probably just be some stuff to take advantage of the new film, and that will vansih from the shelves in a year.

Man, I kinda wanna get two or three TOS polar lights reissues for kitbashing.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Man, I kinda wanna get two or three TOS polar lights reissues for kitbashing.

They are kind of hard to come by in local stores. The internet may be your only choice.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Quote Originally Posted by IceGiant View Post
    They are kind of hard to come by in local stores. The internet may be your only choice.
    Yeah, I bought a bunch of Trek models back in 2000 when most of the production lines seemed to be dwindling down. The merchandising article mentioned that they may be reissuing the polar lights model before the movie comes out, though.

Not that I have the money or space for it.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

My latest Previews just so happens to have the Polar Lights Enterprise listed for ordering. Doesn't give a store date, but those of you who have access to Comics/gaming stores that order from Diamond, well...
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    This seems to be the biggest marketing move for the franchise in years, maybe ever, but so far there's sadly no news on a new Trek RPG
    I wonder if there were actual RPG publishers that inquired or applied for such a license with Paramount? Hopefully, not Decipher. No offense.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Has any new material surfaced already?