Thread: Hall Of Fire # 50 Released

Hall Of Fire # 50 Released

Hey Everyone,

Once again I apologize for the delay in getting Issue # 50 to you - and I also feel a need to offer up an apology for its quality.

I had accepted David's invitation to come back and do the milestone fiftieth issue release and I have found that time at home and work (and truthfully, the excitement of doing the layout and writing) did not allow for much care to be put into this issue.

This said, I believe that you will still find the contents useful for your games, but it does not contain the care that I put in to the first 4 years of issues that I put together.

So to all of the Hall of Fire readers, I am sorry, but I thank you for your years of contributions and interest in this webzine!

To Micah and the new team of Hall of Fire publishers, I wish you good luck and many more years of great releases!

Goodbye,

Tomcat

PS - Micah, if you would like the original Word documents of this layout so that you may tweak it, or revise it completely, I have them and you are welcome to them. You certainly won't hurt my feelings!

You will find the issue at: Hall fo Fire

Hurray for #50.

Sorry that you and GandalfofBorg won't be at the helm of WoF anymore, but you both did some good work with the 'zine over the years. Hoe things go as well for you in your other endeavors.

So what are you doing ? Boarding a grey ship and sailing to the West?

No... no ships to the West.

I have nothing on the agenda except to continue playing my PbP CODA games - LotR and ST. I have added Star Wars Saga edition into this group as well and so I am finding it is filling the time nicely. Add to this kids, my wife, a new house (well, we've owned it for a year), and I like not having a deadline anymore on a voluntary project!

I look forward to kicking back and reading the upcoming new issues, and occassionaly contributing, but I have given all I can for the HOF.

Thanks again, and happy reading.

Thanks for 50 amazing issues! Hopefully we will see you round here!
    Ta Muchly

Hey Tobian,

You are quite welcome, and I do not want to speak for GoB, but I think he would second that. Matt is the one who saw through all 50 issues and he deserves the kudos, but I retired from the zine about a year ago (except for contributing articles), so I will only accept a portion!

Yup, pretty much Tomcat took the words right out of my mouth. When I started the 'zine, it was to both fill the time I had during some down time at my previous job as well as get more out of this game and setting that I have thoroughly enjoyed. I mean, I love the game and system so much that I created a new game of my own using it (Harry Potter) and developed the CODA Basic System Reference. What I can't believe is that it has been over 4 years since I started it all with Tomcat and that the issue 50 has finally come out. Sadly, I wish I had more in me but without further sponsorship from Decipher, its been difficult to develop new rules and expand upon the game. Oh well, 'all good things...' and all.
    Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html

I'd like to say at this juncture that I'm strongly comitted to BTFF meeting (at least) the issue count of HoF : )

Best of luck to the new HoF team too...
    Last edited by The Tatterdemalion King; 06-20-2008 at 04:54 AM.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Glad to hear it as it was really hard for me to get that one off the ground.
    Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html

Posted it availability to the CodaZine Y! Group.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    I'd like to say at this juncture that I'm strongly comitted to BTFF meeting (at least) the issue count of HoF : )

Best of luck to the new HoF team too...
    SO does that mean you have picked up the reins for BTFF?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    SO does that mean you have picked up the reins for BTFF?
    Mhm. I think I'm going to set up a dedicated blogsite a la hall of fire's with submission guidelines, news/previews, etc.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry