Thread: LUG Star Fleet Academy Boxed Set

LUG Star Fleet Academy Boxed Set

The other day I heard about this, and I want to know more. It sounds just like the thing I am looking for, but I can't find much information on it.

I did find a review at RPG.net, but I am looking for more information. One thing in particular is if it contains at least simple Ship Combat/Use.

Thanks for any help you can give.

d

A Small Blue World at the end of one of the Spiral Arms of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Re: LUG Star Fleet Academy Boxed Set

Originally posted by damiller
    The other day I heard about this, and I want to know more. It sounds just like the thing I am looking for, but I can't find much information on it.

I did find a review at RPG.net, but I am looking for more information. One thing in particular is if it contains at least simple Ship Combat/Use.

Thanks for any help you can give.

d
    Hi damiller, welcome to the forum.

The LUG SF Academy box didn't contain any starship combat data, it focuses on Earth (Visitors guide to sector 001), 2 books on life at the academy (Running or playing in an academy series), and two map/image sheets.

Ship combat/Use data, Hmmm, you could try the Starship Net books by Steve Long, they can be downloaded from Memory Icon

http://www.coldnorth.com/memoryicon/

I've downloaded them, but yet to fully read them, but they are excellent sources, well written and expand greatly on ship to ship in LUG/ICON.

Hope this helps.

Sundowner

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Sundowner

"Sure, it will probably explode. But at least I won't be in it, on it, or near it."

Welcome onboard !

Well the Academy Box set is primarily about Earth sector and the headquarters of Starfleet. While the
    Price of Freedom book centered more on the UFP as a whole, the Box set details on Earth. It has a guide about important places on Earth and the solar system and has an additional book on how to run an Academy series, complete with staff and another book with adventures. As a bonus there is a map of the campus, of the solar system and illustrations of uniforms. But the best thing is your own Academy diploma

While its most use is when playing an Academy series, or at least in Sector 001, I also liked to read ist just for the information given. It has many nice details, e.g. a report about a restaurant by Tom Paris and visits many places from the series, e.g. Jupiter Station. It is also a great source to provide characters with backgrounds. It is definitely worth a buy.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Thanks for the replies.

The Space Dock rules are very complete. But I was hoping for a simpler set of Star Ship Rules.

Yes, I bought it, I find the idea of Academy Adventures very interesting.

d

Re: Re: LUG Star Fleet Academy Boxed Set

Originally posted by Sundowner
    I've downloaded them, but yet to fully read them, but they are excellent sources, well written and expand greatly on ship to ship in LUG/ICON.

Hope this helps.

Sundowner

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Where did you download them from??

[edit] sorry, I thoght u said that u downloaded LUG Starfleet Academy Boxed Set...
    Last edited by Major Rakal; 03-11-2004 at 05:31 AM.

The Spacedock rules are available at Memory:ICON - click on the link below.

There is also a supplementary "ICON Link" for Starfleet Academy - this was material which was either trimmed or specifically written as an addition to the boxed set, and originally appeared on the official LUG site and were later hosted here on TrekRPG.net. It mostly consists of characters which can be encountered in the Sol system.

There doesn't happen to be a pdf version of that said Starfleet Academy Diploma available to this day?

Cut, I have a couple of copies for some reason (there were two in my box). I can't do it today, but I can see what my scanner and I can do tomorrow. Unless someone already has one all handy and ready to go.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

That would be great! But make no haste.

Nostalgia got the better of me today and instead of preparing and reading stuff for university I skimmed through my old ICON stuff the whole day long

If you (or somebody else) had something available now or at anytime in the future, I'd be interested in having it, but please take your time

I have found what I was looking for. It is right there on the old Trek-RPG.net page. It is a Adobe PDF version (that you can fill out) of the SF Academy Diploma, put online by Don Mappin himself back in the day.

Go to the link: The Old Site, click then Computer Core, then Icon Links. It is the very first link on that page

I knew I had seen it, and today I found it sitting under my nose available for all.

Enjoy (once more)