Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trek MMORPG News

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    But we also have FASA and Decipher sections Tat.
    USS McLimore and USS Hite weren't as funny : P
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3 View Post
    So does everyone agree?

Joint Task Force Trek-rpg.net

And if they don't allow other then letters and spaces JTF trekrpgnet?
    I think that sounds fine, even though I am not yet sure if I'll ever play it.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Well it's what 3 years away? haha. I am sure you can ponder about it for a while
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    Well it's what 3 years away? haha. I am sure you can ponder about it for a while
    3 years?!? Well . . . I should be able to return to finish college then . . . that means time to spend on MMORPGs . . . that is if the mrs ever gets it into gear instead of hanging around the house.

Oh . .. and for somethign completely off topic: Here is the voice actor of Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist doing the openning lines from TOS/TNG

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Consider Joining the Ninth Fleet

This group is being built from the ground up. Its emphasis is on the exploration aspect, but I am sure some wanton violence may occur as well.

It would be great to have any of you as a part of the Ninth Fleet. If this interests you drop by the site. First Register then go to the forums to read the Fleet Directives then go to the registration thread. Read What You Need to Know to Register before you apply and if desired, apply for one of the command positions that may be available. Or if you wish to have a lower level position put a post in that thread.

All my fellow TrekRPGNet denizens are welcome! (All the above links should work).

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialOne View Post
    This group is being built from the ground up. Its emphasis is on the exploration aspect, but I am sure some wanton violence may occur as well.

It would be great to have any of you as a part of the Ninth Fleet. If this interests you drop by the site. First Register then go to the forums to read the Fleet Directives then go to the registration thread. Read What You Need to Know to Register before you apply and if desired, apply for one of the command positions that may be available. Or if you wish to have a lower level position put a post in that thread.

All my fellow TrekRPGNet denizens are welcome! (All the above links should work).

Charles
    Why not join us in a guild specific for this community, rather than joining some other community that some of us may not know?

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I would be happy to do that as well.

Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Nice to see this MMORPG to kick up again, and that there are people on this board ready to regroup ingame (though not too surprising actually ). I hope development won't stall again and that our discussions about guilds names will prove useful
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I've been looking at this group as well. They seem nice enough during preliminary conversation, so I may be joining up with them.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

STO website's been updated in the last few days, including a few new interviews, the announcement of the winners of the lifetime subscription contest, and a breakdown of the first year of STO history (from Nemesis in 2379 to 2380)...
    chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind

SO I was reading a gaming magazine, and they have moved up the release date do to Cryptic's advance MMO engine, to Fall 2009.

So we should get cracking on our guild. At first we'll only be a squadron of Runabouts, but I am sure with sufficient grinding we'll be able to get up there.

The Khitomer Accords have broken down, yet again, and the Klingons are going to get to have CVs . . . nothing on the Federation possibly having them. The Ferengi and Bajorans are now Fed members, and yet they have not broken up the Cardassian Union, but the RSE appears to have been from what I have been reading.

If the Feds do I am going for the Akira CV Variant, anyone else with me to create something similar to TF 38.

Count me into a group from here if we form one!
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Been reading about the game, and to the sound of it, they have scrapped everything I looked forward to (being able to walk around in the ships), and putting their effort into what I am not interested in (instanciated missions). If I wanted to be a ship, I had given Eve Online a chance.

I most likely still will give STO a chance. They might have managed to give it a fun twist, and it is Star Trek. And it might get released long before Darkfall Online , which I also want to try.

You are not the ship, you are the captain of the ship.. so its not like EVE online. Your birdge crew acts as NPCs, they are not under your direct control per se, just your character.
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

I hope that is the correct info. Could not find anything easy to find on the official website on the topic. Being able to RP on a ship is a big selling point for me.