Thread: Ship Construction Manual online?

Ship Construction Manual online?

I've found out-of-print sourcebooks for other games such as Marvel Super Heroes online for download (PDF). Is there anything like that for the FASA ship construction manual and other books? Thanks.

None are out there legally.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Yeah, I wish we could move those out of print things to public domain. So much is now almost impossible to find even on eBay. I'm getting my books together to start a FASA Trek game in a local community center. But I'm finding things here and there.

Who does the copyright default to when the company ceases to exist?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

A quick Google and I found this:

In the United States, all books and other works published before 1923 have expired copyrights and are in the public domain. In addition, works published before 1964 that did not have their copyrights renewed 28 years after first publication year also are in the public domain, except that books originally published outside the US by non-Americans are exempt from this requirement, if they are still under copyright in their home country (see How Can I Tell Whether a Copyright Was Renewed for more details).

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright