Thread: Questions

Questions

Here are a few questions that I cannot find in the books I own.

How fast does a character heals from Stun damage?

When you Block (Parry) or dodge, does your result becomes the difficulty for all attacks against you for one full round (until it is your turn again), or does it allows you to avoid only one attack?

Declaring actions: do all characters declare their actions together, or do they declare it when it is their turn in the initiative?

Can you Block (parry) or dodge an attack that has a higher initiative than yours. For example: You are in combat with a Klingon, and he has won Initiative and desides to attack you with his Mekleth. Can I Dodge or Block the attack, since it is not yet my time to act? Or does the Klingon declares that he will attack me with his weapon (he will take only one action), and then I declare that I will block his attack and counter attack (two actions). Then we start with the klingon, and then we go over to my character?
    Ardet Nec Consumitur' / Burns but doesn't decay / Brandt maar vergaat niet.

1) I think stun recovery is covered under the setting used, see phaser setting table.

2) Dodge affects all attacks until the character has an action again. Block I don't remember My group House Ruled that your Block drops by one for every attempted attack.

3) I think that you declare your actions first, that's how you determine initiative. My group everyone declared their first action before the round along with just the number of additional actions they might attempt to take.

4) I don't remember - again my group house ruled that issue also. Abortive actions: defensive actions only, at the cost of having no other actions for the turn a character may declare a dodge, movement dodge, or a block at the beginning of a turn set. If the character had only declared a single action for the turn then the inaction extends into a second turn.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Thanks for the explanation Phoenix.

Ive got an Initiative question:

Do you let players use other skills during initiative: Examples:

Character use his Demolition skill for initiative to arm a bomb during combat.
    Character use his First Aid skill for initiative to tend to a wounded character during combat.
    Character use his Engineering skill for initiative to fix a critical problem.
    Character use his Security skill for initiative to open up a sealed door.
    Character use his Planetary Tactics skill for initiative to give orders during combat.

Is this the right way to do it?

You got it.
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

You got it.
    Thats cool. It is a very good way of doing things.

I have a conversion question:

How many EXP would you give a character in ICON, if he has 9 advancement levels in CODA?

Ah... 12... Mosses... Jerusalem...

Honestly I do not know, I never played CODA.
    Phoenix...

Mmmm... because of the skill list differences (i.e. ICON's being so huge) you might wanna just compare the rewards sections in the respective rulebooks. Were the advancements from game sessions or given during character creation?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Ah... 12... Mosses... Jerusalem...

Honestly I do not know, I never played CODA.
    No problem, CODA was not that great. I did not like Class systems so I choose to to convert to ICON.

Mmmm... because of the skill list differences (i.e. ICON's being so huge) you might wanna just compare the rewards sections in the respective rulebooks. Were the advancements from game sessions or given during character creation?
    I will look into that. Thanks.