Thread: Ships in the NG & SoM vs Starships

Ships in the NG & SoM vs Starships

Does anyone know why the ships in the Narrator's Guide and Starfleet Operations Manual have different stats than the ones in the ones in the Starships book ?

Well, Starships has a number of new systems (including species-specific ones) that weren't detailed when the NG+SoM came out. Also, I'm pretty sure the SoM ships were a little out of whack.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Were any of those ships ever updated to use the rules from Starships ?

Not in an official book, but you'll probably find Starshipsified versions of them somewhere on these forums. Is there any one you're looking for specifically?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

The Saber, Steamrunner, and Miranda, would be the 3 that I would like to see.

Did decipher ever produce any star ship miniatures ? so far I've been using the Micro machines that were produced years ago but not all ships were made into micro machines.
    Last edited by Wightlord22; 09-29-2008 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wightlord22 View Post
    The Saber, Steam runner, and Miranda., would be the 3 I really need.
    I think I have a fixed Miranda writeup around here somewhere...

Did decipher ever produce any star ship miniatures ? so far I've been using the Micro machines that were produced years ago but not all ships were made into micro machines.
    No, unfortunately not.

I have not seen any miniatures either. Oddly, though, I was in the Hallmark store the other day picking up cards and they had an ornament display. One of which was the USS Reliant, complete with lighted nacelles. I was moderately impressed with it. That is the only Miranda class toy/miniature I have seen.

They had other Trek ornaments like a talking "Trouble with Tribbles" scene, a TOS communicator that chirped, etc. If you are into that sort of thing check it out. I am not big on memorabilia, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wightlord22 View Post
    The Saber, Steam runner, and Miranda., would be the 3 I really need.
    Here is my take on the Miranda from our game... feel free to do with the data as you will.

Miranda [NCC-1850 Columbia]

I like your Miranda stats, Tomcat. Great sheets too, btw.

Thanks!

Feel free to use what I have; tweak it; or scrap it. The only thing you may see not add up is the number of shuttles, but I break canon a bit by including two 4-ship attack shuttle wings on the vessel. I took the shuttle type and count from the blueprints pack I bought a couple years back.

Still the shuttles don't add up to BPV of the ship - but I use the Narrator caveat that the shuttle wings are assigned to ships as needed, not a standard loadout.

As far as the sheets go, you are welcome to go to my site and use any of the online PC sheets I have there. You'll have to create a login, but take advantage of them.

I have several Star Trek Micromachines which could be used as minis for starship combat. You might still be able to find some on ebay.

You can see pix of these Micromachines here:

http://m2museum.com/StarTrek/StarTrek.htm