Thanks to the kindness of Tomcat, I am going to start a game based on the campaign that I started in The Hall of Fire before I stepped down from the webzine on his website. This game is for up to 4 players; please submit your character concepts before sending in your character's stats. If you are chosen, I will send you Tomcat's way to get yourself signed up on his site and the particulars on character creation.

Here is the synopsis and lead in to the first adventure with some ideas of how you can tie your character in.

Synopsis:
A languishing elf in a distant Fourth Age has lost his way, not only in morality but also in his way to Valinor. Thus he seeks a means to force open the road to the Undying Lands that once existed in the First Age – the “straight path – so that the dwindling power of the Eldar can once again flourish in Middle-earth. To do so he requires powerful artifacts of bygone eras to complete this task. Unfortunately for him and the rest of the world, a secret cult, devoted to Morgoth, thought long gone has discovered the elf’s plan and intend to twist towards their goal freeing the Dark Lord from his bonds from beyond the reaches of the world.

- - - - -

Eldarion is history, Elessar legend, and now Elendil II sits upon the throne in Minas Tirith as 16th King of the Reunited Kingdom. Peace has generally come to the lands of northwestern Middle-earth with Gondor having quelled most of the barbaric realms that surround the region. The king is seeking the aid of those whom are noteworthy and accomplished… he seeks you! The task bidden is to recover the two lost Seeing-stones of the North by any means and return them to Minas Tirith.

Some character tie ideas are:
• The characters have accomplished some great feat noticed by a wealthy patron who’s given your name to the king.
• The characters have performed a duty for the crown previously and so your services as sought as one known to be trustworthy and honorable.
• The characters hear of the summons through quiet channels of gossip.
• Any character, through his own vision or another’s, may become aware of a new shadow about to cover the land or some other suitable premonition that their aid is needed by Gondor.