Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Trek Movie: First Pictures

I'm not sure about this either. The actor cast for scotty has me really concerned, as well as the uniforms - I mean really, miniskirts in space? Really?
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    You know, you can burn those to music CDs if you really want to : P
    I'm sure Apple do not own the MP3 player market.

That's like saying WotC own the RPG market.

Just once, I want to see Ford or Chevrolet to get rid of the "iPod-ready" label for their car, and go with "MP3-ready."
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Uhm yeah but not all MP3 players use the same style of mini-usb connector, so that would be problematic You know in the UK we call vacuum cleaners 'hoovers' - that's after more than 50 years of there being competing products.. some things just stick, and trying to be technical never works

As for what's wrong with D&D, where do I begin!

Oh and err reg, while I can assume that yes a WoTC podcast will be lame, you do not need an ipod to listen to one, I just use my PC... and try some of the independants out there, I listen to Fear the Boot a lot - it's funny

Anyway back on topic (Do we ever stay on one?! ) I'm cautiously optimistic. I think if anything the new movie might rekindle my trek feeling.... I have been looking for an excuse to watch all the series' over, from the start, and as my excitement level rises, I might do
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    Anyway back on topic (Do we ever stay on one?! ) I'm cautiously optimistic. I think if anything the new movie might rekindle my trek feeling.... I have been looking for an excuse to watch all the series' over, from the start, and as my excitement level rises, I might do
    Rekindle? My feeling for Trek is still burning bright in my [wishfully] Klingon heart. I may not like what they did to the last two films or the last two TV series (with the exception of ENTERPRISE Season 4), but even those didn't ruin my enthusiasm for Trek.

Granted, I don't like the iPod look of the new bridge but I will not let it part me from Trek.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Oh I still like Trek, and I still get a kick from watching old episodes... but I haven't felt like running a game in some time. That particular spark has gone out
    Ta Muchly

Nah this movie won't ruin Trek for me.I still watch my dvd's & I just started a new campagin set in 2250;plus I'm still running my Dominion War game.I'll just put this down as another universe,outside of the normal Trek "reality.

Nice to see that the flame is still out there, burning vividly.

I have had a break of Star Trek for a while, but was brought back with that basket full of books and music that a friend ave me a while ago. I have actually started re-watching TNG on DVD and will most certainly see the new movie, hoping for the best

You gonna Asspierce-me, or just send me a dead Rat?
    I'll treat Star Trek XI as part of another Trek universe that I haven't seen before, and have a lot of fun.
    "Always beware of anything said by a person with a smile." -Cronan-sama
    http://www.cronan-memorial.com

http://sites.google.com/site/memoryeta
    Initially Trek, but haphazard Archival Site, no need to make it a Wiki.

http://web.archive.org/web/200410151.../ssd/ssds.html
    Don Miller's SSDs for Star Fleet Battles are here, axing the URL past sfb takes you to the main site.

I will treat it as equally canon as every aspect of Trek; and hope that it doesn't suck.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Former Star Trek Scribe Bryan Fuller Calls for Franchise’s Return to TV
    http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/09/17...-return-to-tv/