Thread: Kobayashi Maru Type Scenario?

Kobayashi Maru Type Scenario?

Is there any sort of ready made Kobayashi Maru type scenario out there? I want to begin my campaign with one, but I'd like it to be a little more involved than the KM as we see it in ST II. After all, it's really only a command officer who gets to do any decision making. The other players would be simply going through the motions. Basically, I'm looking for a graduation exercise that utilizes a balanced player group.

Perhaps expand it to include the build-up to the actual encounter? Leaving spacedock, plotting a course, scanning a planet, etc?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Perhaps expand it to include the build-up to the actual encounter? Leaving spacedock, plotting a course, scanning a planet, etc?
    I'd almost like to include an away team portion. Just trying to think of things that can be all inclusive... Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Lagomorph View Post
    I'd almost like to include an away team portion. Just trying to think of things that can be all inclusive... Hmmm...
    What era are we talking about?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

TNG/DS9 era, so I think I can get away with modifying the Kobayashi Maru.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagomorph View Post
    TNG/DS9 era, so I think I can get away with modifying the Kobayashi Maru.
    Oh, yeah, it's probably using Tholians or Cardassians now.

Putting the entire thing inside a holodeck, though, would open it up to include any concievable problem. You could steal some old FASA adventures or stuff to present to the cadets as the problems they have to solve.