Thread: Fourth Age Chronology

Fourth Age Chronology

Hi everyone, I know it has been a while since I last posted, attached is a Fourth Age Chronology of Middle Earth I have drawn up. I am interested in getting any feedback/comments on it, particularly on the event order I have chosen.

Tom, aka Robin Smallburrow the 'forgotten hobbit'
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Its mine, my own, my precioussss....

We think a like

Well I enjoyed reading someone elses take on the 4th age for once. Your attempt to keep a tolkienesque slant on items it to be applauded.

I felt that the Northern Kingdom should be a slow build with a byzantine approach of settling the area around Annuminas to weather top. My thought is a Gondorian "Legion" (4500 Soldiers) and families are recruited and sent north crica 25 F.A. ( timing is concurrent with the rise os a new generation of Gondorians ie population expansion). Also with Elessars coffer's briming with gold and his administrators hold out land grants to recruiting a cavalry force for the North Kingdom from Rohan ( say about 1000 spears with families in tow). The reconstruction of the North kingdom is aided by the hiring of the dwarves of the blues mountains as "contractors"... the Sons of Elrond with the remaing warriors of rivendell in concert with the Rangers of the north ... fight a brush war in support of clearing the borders of Orcs and evil southrons. The Gondorian Military machine fights a few skrimishes with subduing dunlending tribes within the borderS of Arnor.

I have two main protagonists one being the Black Numenorian lieutenant of Dol Guldor and the other being the mouth of sauron... they are the beginning of a plural enemy know as the "morgul lords"

Like you Umbar has this rebellious affect on any Dunedain settlement and control.. must be the water there?

I am trying in my fourth age chronicle to slowly build up to a climax of confrontation. I enjoyed the Necromacy supplement ... and my bring a new "dark Lord" Maiar into the picture.....from the east ... which will also bring the Blue wizards into play.

As far as the elves are concerned .... I am really working in detail to maintian a fragile balance of elves to the story... a Belerandic culture centered in Imladris/eregion... Lindon is handed over to the High Kingdom of Arnor...save Forlindon. And the rise of Thranduil's Slyvan kingdom with the assimilation of the lorien elves. I have moved some of the more belerandic Galadhrim into Imladris when Celeborn relocates... I have him departing 100 years sooner than you.

In my chronicle I also have put alot into the rise of the Northman kingdoms Rhovanion ( house of Bard with an influx of Rohrric Royal Blood and Dunedain blood). I picture them to be a Patrician-Gothic kingdom.

Rohan becomes a potent rising power .. and expands to the field of the Celebrant and out the gap of rohan ... massive population expansion ... I also include the rise in culture and craft due to Gondor thriving and the dwarves of aglarond

Fangorn and Lorien become one forest... due to a "Jonny Appleseed" Ent.
    Wild galadhrim and ents live in a concert.

Gondor is Byzantium with all of its politics and subtlty it waxes and wanes.

I agree the reunited kingdom doesn't last I having it splitting after 8 high kings.

hope you find that helpful

Vaughan
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

Updated Fourth Age Chronology

Hi everyone

Attached is my updated Fourth Age Chronology, up until the start of my PC's campaign. Hope it is of use, and I would be happy to receive feedback/suggestions!

Robin Smallburrow
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Its mine, my own, my precioussss....