Thread: RPG Assistant (Computer Program)

Lightbulb RPG Assistant (Computer Program)

I'm working on creating a program for the Star Trek RPG system by Decipher.
    This program will make it so the players will not have to worry about papers, pencils and erasers.
    The program will have the character sheet in which you can input the numbers and the program will do the math and adjust other numbers as needed.
    The program will also be able to display information on pets, NPC's, equipment (with check box's to show what you're carrying at that time, and an option to use the weight rules), ship stats, notes and a ship combat section which will keep track of the state of your ship during and after combat.
    That's how it will work at least in theory, I still have to program the whole thing.
    If you go to the link below you can download what I have so far.
    When creating the character you can only use the rolls from the dice generator on the page (I still need to program it to have the option of using real dice or the generator).
    So far the Klingons are the only race that I have partially programmed into the demo, so make sure to select their race in the race drop down box.
    What I'm looking for is input of what people like about the program and what you would like changed or added.
    When I get further along I will update the demo.

http://www.startrekcommunity.net/upl...0Assistant.exe
    Last edited by Koloth; 11-16-2008 at 05:31 PM.

This would be most awsome. I suggest having a way to enter user created data. IE, Races, ship classes, modifications to existing classes, ect.

Visual Basics

If anyone knows how to do programming in Visual Basics and would like to help with the making of the program, please let me know, even if what you know is basic beginner stuff.

Most of my friends don't like to play the Star Trek RPG because, like most RPG's it takes a long time to set up new characters (especially when you have more then one player).
    So I'm trying to get the program up and running so I can start having games where the first meeting is not all about getting characters made.
    I wan't to get it so the information is all at hand.
    If all goes will it should only take a few minuets to get a game up and running from scratch, once the program is complete.
    I'm thinking about adding some things in the program for the GM as well, such as NPC Generator, Planet Generator and Planet information sheet.
    What else should I add for Players and GM's?

Nice program