Thread: Combat System

Combat System

I have been playing with the combat system of the game. Has nayone else felt that it is a little out of touch with the spirit of RPG. The D20 system was very clear cut ( I feel the use of miniatures greatly enhanced the playability. I am presently looking at a modification to the combat system. If anyone else has made modifications I would appreciate sharing it.. better not to reinvent the wheel.

Vaughan
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

The combat system is one of the areas that has been discussed the most in this game system. If you download the Hall of Fire zines, then you will find several different mods to the combat system.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorgil View Post
    I have been playing with the combat system of the game. Has nayone else felt that it is a little out of touch with the spirit of RPG. The D20 system was very clear cut ( I feel the use of miniatures greatly enhanced the playability. I am presently looking at a modification to the combat system. If anyone else has made modifications I would appreciate sharing it.. better not to reinvent the wheel.

Vaughan

Landoril has mentioned that yeah, there have been a lot of suggested modfications to the combat system.

But, as far a "being out of touch with the spirit of RPG", in what way do you believe it to be out of touch? I've seen several different modifications and they don't all move in the same direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorgil View Post
    Has nayone else felt that it is a little out of touch with the spirit of RPG.
    Not enough playing of roles in combat?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry