Thread: Borg - FASA Style

Borg - FASA Style

So has anyone ever bothered statting out the Borg for the FASA system? I'm planning a kind of farewell to Star-Trek-as-it-is game in April before the new movie comes out and I have a plot in mind which features time travel, Klingons, mirror universe and Borg. I wanted to run the game in the original ST_RPG system but haven't found much in the way of stats for the more up to date races. If anyone could point me at a suitable web resource, i'd be grateful

Renny

I haven't seen stats for them (or at least I don't remember seeing such). Have you tried posting to the Yahoo groups?

You can get information on the Cube and Sphere at ST:STCS. As for the individual Borg Drones - make a template/package to add to normal species (I'd personally give a (+) to END, and a hefty (-) to LUC and PSI Scores). Everything else should be able to be taken care of via equipment.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by UFC465537 View Post
    I haven't seen stats for them (or at least I don't remember seeing such). Have you tried posting to the Yahoo groups?
    Hi, i'll give that a go, and by the way, I fully intend to use your awesome starship combat rules in the game. One of the reasons I wanted to go back to Fasa. Thanks

Renny

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    You can get information on the Cube and Sphere at ST:STCS. As for the individual Borg Drones - make a template/package to add to normal species (I'd personally give a (+) to END, and a hefty (-) to LUC and PSI Scores). Everything else should be able to be taken care of via equipment.

Hi

Thanks for the helpful input. I'll give it a go and see what I come up with. Thanks again.

Renny

Quote Originally Posted by Renny View Post
    Hi, i'll give that a go, and by the way, I fully intend to use your awesome starship combat rules in the game. One of the reasons I wanted to go back to Fasa. Thanks

Renny
    Great! I'm flattered! Let me know how it works out (especially with the whole Borg cube tractor/cutter beams - the very concept gave me a headache!! )! If it helps, I was tossing around the idea that a Borg cube comes out to be around a class XXV to XXX, and also starting the borg off with no race/technology bonuses at the initial encounter, then increasing each by like 1 after each round to accomodate the adaptation process...there's that headache again...! Have fun and please gimme a shout!

At the moment it's not likely that the PCs will face a Borg cube, but their ship will be boarded. The starship combat rules will get a workout as the players face down the klingons (did I mention i'm throwing in everything short of the kitchen sink in this one?). That said, i'll bear what you said in mind. You never know.
    Also, I just wanted to point out a funny thing. Despite having played lots of FASA Trek back in the day, I don't think I ever ran it "right". Re-reading the rules again in preparation for this game, i'm gaining a new respect for the system and i'm looking forward to playing it "by-the-book".

Renny

You know, I know what you mean- I've always had a tough time playing FASA straight by the rules, especially when HTH combat was involved. It was way too cumbersome. As it turned out, so was starship combat...and the character generation process...huh...I guess we were taking shortcuts all over place!

Anyways, lemme know if I can be of any help- I check in here from time to time, but if you post on Yahoo, my new fangled phone alerts me in a scary Orwellian fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by UFC465537 View Post
    Anyways, lemme know if I can be of any help- I check in here from time to time, but if you post on Yahoo, my new fangled phone alerts me in a scary Orwellian fashion!
    Will do. Thanks for the offer and the great support for the FASA system.

Renny

You can try the following sites for Borg, and a bunch of other, ship stats:

http://home.comcast.net/~ststcsolda/

http://www.peracles-rpg.com
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Hi

Awesome links. Thanks

Renny

Glad to help, but in the spirit of full disclosure, the Peracles-RPG.com site is mine and is a bit of shameless self promotion.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

We are FASA Borg ! Resistance is Futile !

You'll find a real good breakdown of a typical Borg drone done up in FASA game stats here:

http://www.anzwers.org/free/fasa/The..._drone_npc.htm