Thread: Prime Directive Modern Edition

Question Prime Directive Modern Edition

Has anyone taken a look at this edition. I've heard that D20 Modern is pretty good.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

I need to order it, before they shut down ALL third-party d20-labeled game products.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

The nature of the OGL is that Wizards of the Coast can't really shut down third-party products published under its auspices. But order it anyway, the economy could use the boost.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Quote Originally Posted by RaconteurX View Post
    The nature of the OGL is that Wizards of the Coast can't really shut down third-party products published under its auspices. But order it anyway, the economy could use the boost.
    I know the OGL won't go away. But the little d20 System logo on third-party products will, unless they secure a separate exclusive licensing.

Technically, the GSL is to replace the d20 System Trademark License. It also replaces the OGL on 4e content. IOW, WotC didn't apply the OGL to new 4e material, only the GSL.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer