Thread: Trek RPG: What do we know of the numbers of printed books

Trek RPG: What do we know of the numbers of printed books

I have tried for months now to get my hands on a copy of the Starships sourcebok for CODA Trek. Although I have all the books on my shelf, I am looking to get doubles for most of the books to be able to reference the books on the gaming table and allow them out of hand. [Yes, I am a pain in the ass with my books...]

I have come to realise, that although Last Unicorn Games is out of business much longer than Decipher, it is much simpler to get hold of old LUG Trek books on ebay than any Decipher books. The only ones that are usually available after some wait are the PG and NG, other titles are very _very_ hard to come by. Said Starships especially. I never have seen one of those on ebay.

Recently a full range of Icon books (including the boxed sets) was available on ebay and changed owners for very small money. But the stuff is at least arround.

So, to my question, at last:

Have the ICON books been produced in higher numbers than the books from the Decipher range?

Edit:

And then I find this: No shipping to oversea. Of course...
    Last edited by Cut; 12-07-2008 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    And then I find this: No shipping to oversea. Of course...
    Write to them, they may be willing to ship overseas but (like me) couldn't get eBay to properly set up the shipping parameters. Either that, or have it shipped to a friend in the US or Canada and then have them ship it overseas to you. Don't expect it before January unless you pay for expedited shipping, though.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    Have the ICON books been produced in higher numbers than the books from the Decipher range?
    Probably. This is just my guess, but considering how much shrinkage probably occurred in the RPG market as a whole between 98 and 02, I think it's likely that the average book run from third (second? fourth?) tier companies shrunk too. There's probably more ICON books on actual store shelves, also, instead of tied up in internet distributor's warehouses...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by RaconteurX View Post
    Write to them, they may be willing to ship overseas but (like me) couldn't get eBay to properly set up the shipping parameters. Either that, or have it shipped to a friend in the US or Canada and then have them ship it overseas to you. Don't expect it before January unless you pay for expedited shipping, though.
    That's what I thought as well. Contacting some friend in the states, having him buy the book and ship it to me while I return him the money.

As I have the book a shipment could take as long as it would, I just want to get my hands on a spare copy of that book.