View Poll Results: Do you make use of the Prime Directive in your games?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, on a usual basis I confront players with a hard case of the PD.

3 16.67%
  • No, it never came up during our games.

2 11.11%
  • Sometimes it comes up, but not often.

8 44.44%
  • I plan to bring up a case of Moral Dilemma, but haven't done so yet.

5 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: The Prime Directive

The Prime Directive

The Prime Directive, General Order Number One of the Federation Starfleet is one of the most discussed principles in the different Star Trek series. Every Star Trek series has some morality / dilemma heavy episodes centering on the Prime Directive, most often about a moral dilemma. Which brings me to my question:

But what about the Prime Directive in your games at home? Do you use it, do cases in which your Player's have to make hard choices come up rather often?

What's the deal with your group?

I voted option 4.

I have problems coming up with a good case of a moral dilemma to confront my players with, but would like to see how they handle things.

#3, it came up from time to time. Never really had that much of an issue with it however, my group was fairly clear cut with it - Are the aliens warp capable? Have they been influenced by another interstellar culture?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

one time , a pre warp race found a device that can transports a ship pretty anywhere and bring you back . The transporter has the effect of knocking all warp drive unusable for 24 hrs in the target area . Some of PCs wanted to take control of the device , other suggested helping the aliens with better ship designs . The NPC captain decide to leave the aliens keep control of the device and pushed for opening relations.

I had to go with option #4, since my only Trek campaign in progress is still in the Academy. I have every intention of putting them in the hot seat once they are serving in the fleet

I hope to get some gaming in over winter break, before the trials of real world post-secondary shut down my plans for a solid four months. We've only had a few sessions, though of course we're hitting the highlights of Academy life whilst skipping the boring lectures

Why has this thread been moved?

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    Why has this thread been moved?
    I move it out of General Star Trek Chat as this has to do with Star Trek Roleplaying - General RP, Systems & Mechanics.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by spshu View Post
    I move it out of General Star Trek Chat as this has to do with Star Trek Roleplaying - General RP, Systems & Mechanics.
    I see. I guess that makes sense

I voted for the first option as my players usually considered many of their actions in the light of the PD. Even without the Plot involving the PD directly. But then again hard decisions in the face of the PD have been a staple of my later adventures.
    "Space may be the Final Frontier, but it's made in a Hollywood basement"

Red Hot Chili Peppers "Californication"

"per aspera ad astra"

Seneca