Thread: Post-Enterprise Campaign

Post-Enterprise Campaign

Hello All,

I am new to Star Trek RPGs and wanted to run this idea past experienced players/GMs. I am interested in trying to create a post-Enterprise campaign set in 2154 aboard the NX-03.

I have been interested in the Earth-Romulan War since Enterprise aired. I have also been interested in what caused this conflict. Through this campaign, at least, I would like to present my interpretation of how the war came to be. The idea I have been thinking about combines alittle bit of Voyager into the NX-Era universe. I

The Idea: The NX-03 is thrown two years from "Earth Space" into the Beta Quadrant. During this two year journey they have to travel, unknowingly at first, through Romulan space. The Romulans do not take too kindly to this trespass.

During this journey through Romulan space, the NX-03 has to battle its way through the territory. For this I envision the Voyager two-parter "Year of Hell" without the reboot at the end. There will be no time travel in this campaign. I believe actions have consequences.

I also am a firm believer in following cannon, but I do have some issues with what Enterprise did. First, I do not want this NX vessel to be equipped with "photonic" torpedoes. I am not sure what TOS episode referenced the Romulan War being fought with "primitive nuclear weapons" but to follow this established guideline I want to reintroduce the spatial torpedoes of Enterprise's 1st and 2nd seasons and have these be the nuclear weapons referenced. Second, no one knew what a Romulan looked like. To keep with this guideline, I will use the Remans from Nemesis. Finally, the Romulan ships will not have cloaking technology as was shown in Enterprise.

VERY Brief Series Outline:

I. Season 1 (2154): Journey home and Exploration. Ship thrown into Beta Quadrant, begin 2 year journey home, exploration, thrown in references to a great empire into a few adventures.

II. Season 2 (2155): The “Year of Hell” Campaign. The ship has to travel through Romulan Space and comes under constant attack.

III. Season 3 (2156): The Romulan War Begins.

I welcome all comments (positive or negative) and suggestions on how to improve this campaign concept.

Is your group on a regular schedule? How many sessions/how long real-time schedule-wise would one season take?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Here are few suggestions

Keep track of how many torps and other supplies are used over the game . If supplies run to low the ship has to restock some how .

I would have each player make up 2 or 3 Different PCs . This way if the players wants to change Characters or the PC dies . This way there is a back ground and PC knows what is going on .

Keep track of crew that die during the campaign . The crew level is too low means that repairs take longer , longer duty shifts and low crew moral .

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Is your group on a regular schedule? How many sessions/how long real-time schedule-wise would one season take?
    We are probably going to meet twice a month. I am not sure yet how many games will equal a season yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Grayson View Post
    We are probably going to meet twice a month. I am not sure yet how many games will equal a season yet.
    Because that means, at most, 24 games a year. Depending on how many hours individually, that might not equal that many episodes. You might want to start with the season two plans first, establish the tone/identity/purpose of the series up front, and then throw in random planet-of-the-week episodes between the arc episodes whenever you feel like it.

Game time is precious! Don't waste it!
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Thanks.