Thread: Psionics

Psionics

Did I miss this somewhere?

If you have the psionics edge do the psi skills count as favorite or professional? I have a Vulcan I am working on and cannot find the answer for the life of me!
    "The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")

Hey Greg.

I believe that is the case, but you have to select them as Professional Skills ala your Career/Background. On page 89 (Development) there's a Psionic Potential which has Psionic as Professional Skills option.

When do you want to play, btw? I would love to maybe run something, some time, if we can find a time that works for us.

i am running a game on a pbp site not in person or via aim or any other messenger...
    "The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")

I'm reasonably certain that most psionic skills are treated as non-professional skills until you take the Adept elite profession. Vulcans treat Mind Meld as a professional skill and Betazoids treat Telepathy as a professional skill, but those are racial effects. The skills you get from a personal development package are not professional skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin84 View Post
    Did I miss this somewhere?

If you have the psionics edge do the psi skills count as favorite or professional? I have a Vulcan I am working on and cannot find the answer for the life of me!
    Mind Meld is treated as a professional skill by Vulcans, Telepathy is by Betazoids. This is listed in the species abilities that give them the skills. So, unless otherwise stated by a species ability, all psionic skills are non-professional skills...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.