Thread: New Maneuver

Lightbulb New Maneuver

Hello all, I had this situation come up in a game recently & decided to create a maneuver out of it.

PC's ship was following target ship @ warp and wanted to bring them out of warp. I ruled that the could fire a spread of torpedoes and have them detonate just in front of the target ship in order to collapse the warp field.

Here is my suggestion for the maneuver, all input is welcome

Collapse Warp Field

Type: Tactical
    Tier: 2
    Pre-Req's: Target ship & your ship travelling at Warp Speed, Match Speed, Range = Point Blank, Torpedo Launchers

TN: Ships Protection+10

Durration: Warp Field Collapses for as many rounds as indicated

Marginal Success, 1 Round
    Complete Success, 2 Rounds
    Superior Success 3 Rounds
    Extraodinary Success 4 Rounds

effects are halfed (to a min of 1 Round) if the target ships Engineer makes a Propulsion Engineering (Warp Drive) roll of TN25

If the test is failed, Firing ship takes 1/2 of the penetration value of the torpedo in splash Damage & Conn must make a System operations(Flight Control) TN 15 test to avoid collapsing thier own warp field. Due to their nature, Plasma Torpedoes can not be used.

Thanks

Karg
    Last edited by Karg; 01-13-2009 at 12:01 AM.

My players might hate you for this.

Lol

Marginal Success, 1 Round
    Complete Success, 2 Rounds
    Superior Success 3 Rounds
    Extraodinary Success 4 Rounds
    What if there was a modifier for the target ship's propulsion reliability?

If the test is failed, Firing ship takes 2 points Of splash Damage & Conn must make a System operations(Flight Control) TN 15 test to avoid collapsing thier own warp field
    The damage is calculated using the torpedo's penetration, right?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    What if there was a modifier for the target ship's propulsion reliability?
    We could make it that the effects could be halfed (to a min of 1 Round) if the target ships Engineer makes a Propulsion Engineering (Warp Drive) roll of TN25

The damage is calculated using the torpedo's penetration, right?
    no, th 2 points is independant of penetration values. I would have to add to this that , by the nature of Plasma Torpedoes, they could not be used for this manuever.

If nobody else has anything to add, I guess it is good as is.

Thanks

Karg

Hmm, I think if a warp field is collapsed, it shouldn't be able to be restored in ... 1 round.. it should take a repair roll on the other ship to restore it, with the TN tied into the quality of the attackers success.

Usually if a Warp field is collapsed, it takes all the skill of the pilot and the engineers not to have the ship rip in half... it's not something which is a minor inconvenience for a few seconds!
    Ta Muchly

Is this maneuver based off the plan in "Once More Unto The Breach"?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    Hmm, I think if a warp field is collapsed, it shouldn't be able to be restored in ... 1 round.. it should take a repair roll on the other ship to restore it, with the TN tied into the quality of the attackers success.

Usually if a Warp field is collapsed, it takes all the skill of the pilot and the engineers not to have the ship rip in half... it's not something which is a minor inconvenience for a few seconds!
    In the ESO page 37, "Disrupting Warp Drives" the shutdown times are simmilar

Is this maneuver based off the plan in "Once More Unto The Breach"?
    nope, came up in a game