Thread: Greetings!

Greetings!

I wish I had know about this site 10 years ago.

Have a quick question... I remember f a LUG module/book that featured a "return to Minos" adventure, the planet that featured in Arsenal Of Freedom. What book/module was it?

I'm rebuilding my collection slowly so I can start gaming again... I got the TNG book, the Price Of Freedom and a (ZOMG) sealed-in-box Romulan box-set... Possibly a few more as my cash-flow improves.

The book you are looking for is "Planetary Adventures Vol.1 - Adventures in Federation Space"

Advertised something like this Planetary Adventures, Vol. I: Adventures in Federation Space is a 96-page companion book to Planets of the UFP: A Guide to Federation Worlds. This book provides narrators with five adventures set in Federation space, from exploring a new world, to revisiting planets seen in the Star Trek: The Next Generation television show, to scientific research at a stellar anomaly. Planetary Adventures, Vol. I: Adventures in Federation Space captures the feel of Star Trek: The Next Generation, as each week narrators and players visit strange new worlds and face new challenges.

You should be able to find a copy via ebay every now and then.

Good book hunting and welcome to our friendly corner of the Star Trek universe.

Ahha. Ok I had a copy in my hand at the Used Bookstore for three dollars.

Guess I have to make a trip back there, like soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar_TNG View Post
    Ahha. Ok I had a copy in my hand at the Used Bookstore for three dollars.

Guess I have to make a trip back there, like soon.
    Yes, the book probably isn't the best Trek RPG title in the world, but definately worth three dollars

Good luck it's still there once you return to the store.

Try to get yourself copies of the DS9 corebook, the Player's Guide and the All Our Yesterdays sourcebook. Those are my favorite titles (aside from the TNG core and Romulan boxed set). Especially the Player's Guide is worth having.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    Yes, the book probably isn't the best Trek RPG title in the world, but definately worth three dollars

Good luck it's still there once you return to the store.

Try to get yourself copies of the DS9 corebook, the Player's Guide and the All Our Yesterdays sourcebook. Those are my favorite titles (aside from the TNG core and Romulan boxed set). Especially the Player's Guide is worth having.
    They have most of the books there, multiple copies of each. This place specializes in buying up unwanted lots from around the area... and as we all know the LUG stuff is more or less dead and not moving.... except for people like us.

I figure (aside from downloaded PDF) this might be my last chance to rebuild my collection. I rather have a physical book I can hold in my hand than a bunch of PDF's ripped from someone sitting on a DVD somewhere.

Cash-flow is the big issue right now. Not much work to be had in my field at the moment so I'm washing cars and flipping burgers until the factory-work picks up again.

Man, I am sorry to hear that. Hope you'll find some better paid job real soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    Man, I am sorry to hear that. Hope you'll find some better paid job real soon!
    Eh, this happens every so often. Like him or hate him, once Obama is sworn in things will settle down a bit, right now the country is more or less a ship without a rudder. *shrug*

Gives me time to catch up on important things like Star Trek.

Eh, this happens every so often. Like him or hate him, once Obama is sworn in things will settle down a bit, right now the country is more or less a ship without a rudder. *shrug*

Gives me time to catch up on important things like Star Trek.
    There is a forum here for poltics (Sarek's Lounge), so you need to avoid them else where.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

...so why exactly was my thread moved? This is more of a general "Hi I'm new/OMG FIRST POST!1!" kind of thread rather than a system-specific thread.

Ah well. I'll be posting more game-related stuff tomorrow... Tomorrow, the subject of starship designs and "canon" technobabble. Sure to raise a few eyebrows.

<snip>

Have a quick question... I remember f a LUG module/book that featured a "return to Minos" adventure, the planet that featured in Arsenal Of Freedom. What book/module was it?

I'm rebuilding my collection slowly so I can start gaming again... I got the TNG book, the Price Of Freedom and a (ZOMG) sealed-in-box Romulan box-set... Possibly a few more as my cash-flow improves.
    ...so why exactly was my thread moved? This is more of a general "Hi I'm new/OMG FIRST POST!1!" kind of thread rather than a system-specific thread.

Ah well. I'll be posting more game-related stuff tomorrow... Tomorrow, the subject of starship designs and "canon" technobabble. Sure to raise a few eyebrows.
    Because it was about LUG/Icon material ie. "A return to Minos" Adventure.
    Last edited by spshu; 12-29-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: add additional quote
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting