Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Canon Or Not To Canon (Damn The Canon! Full Speed Ahead!)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Basically TV show creators have big egos.
    They have to, otherwise who are they to decide what these characters are doing each week? : P
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    They have to, otherwise who are they to decide what these characters are doing each week? : P
    Not to mention battling it out with Studio executives who think they know how to do it better.

I am in the process of developing my own Star Trek based universe. That way I can mix and match what I want from the different movies and television shows and throw in a few things from other sources including my own mind. I like TOS uniforms, but I like the ship selection of the TNG era, but I still want a few of the older models to be viable setting sources. Before I update my OS last time, I had vamped up several older ships and nerfed a few newer ships using Spacedock, but unfortunately, I didn't properly backup all my data and my redesigns were lost.

I have been taking WEG Star Wars species and converting them to ICON, but I have obtained some more source material since, and I am planning to go back through and redo my conversions. I am mainly being slowed down by a recent decision to return to college.

In addition, I have created and modified several overlays and redefining a couple of Star Trek concepts that I am having trouble working with.

Clearly, I am not a big fan of canon. In fact, in game design, I follow that there is official, unofficial, and Ronofficial. Ronofficial is always the trump, and my real name is Ron.