Thread: More Narrator's Guide Errata

More Narrator's Guide Errata

For Patrick Goodman (and/or anyone else compiling errata for the CODA Star Trek game):

p. 231 – Gravimetric Shear
    The Narrator’s Guide explains how “a prepared ship can modulate its deflector shields to diminish or withstand gravimetric effects.” It then explains how much to lessen gravimetric damage, based on the quality of the System Operation (Deflector) test. The problem is that it never tells what TN the System Operation (Deflector) test should be made at. I would imagine it would be at TN 10 or 15, depending on the Narrator’s discretion, but it should probably be spelled out.

Later in the same section, it makes reference to “When an entire row of structure is removed…” I’m not sure where they get such an idea; my guess is that at one point there was some sort of sheet or form that had structure in groups/rows of 5, since p. 115 spells out that you consult Table 7.10 for every 5 points.

It then says to roll on Table 8.10 System Damage, but this should be Table 7.10.
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Just found another one:

On p. 106, under Reinforcing Shields, it tells you that you do this by "making a successful System Engineering test", but then under the Example with the Resolute following, the test is a System Operation test.
    Doug Taylor
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Thanks kindly, Doug; keep 'em coming. I'll be revisiting errata and FAQ for this and Starship Operations Manual sometime this year.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    Thanks kindly, Doug; keep 'em coming. I'll be revisiting errata and FAQ for this and Starship Operations Manual sometime this year.
    That's fantastic. Thanks so much for compiling all this stuff for everyone, Patrick!
    Doug Taylor