Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Projectile Weapons

Question Projectile Weapons

I find it strange that although the TNG and DS9 Corebook both have the projectile weapon skill with specializations, they have never included samples of said weapons. Has anyone developed projectile weapons for their series? If so can you send me your info? Thanks!

Cool

The "Holodeck Adventures" book includes statistics for the Thompson Submachine Gun, .38 Revolver, and the .45 Automatic. You should be able to make-up stats for other projectile weapons based on these statistics. Hope this helps.

-Nemesis

Also, the TOS core rules have some stats (mostly for more primitive guns like flintlock rifles), because so many TOS series adventures took place on "planets which are almost exactly like Earth in the 20th century".

------------------
    Captain Matt Hunter, USS Tempest NCC-81205.

Cool

Nemesis & Capt. Hunter thanks for the info but as I do not have either the "Holodeck Adventures" or the TOS Corebook would you mind sending it my way? It will be greatly appreciated.

Thompson SMG
    Range: 5/20/50/100
    Energy: 50 round drum
    Damage: 6+4d6

.38 Revolver and .45 Automatic
    Range: 5/10/25/50
    Energy: 6 round cylinder, 7 round clip
    Damage 4+2d6

-Nemesis

If you happen to have some people interested in cyberpunk or if you have the cyberpunk books, they have plenty of guns there. Also, their system is quite close to Icon, thus the conversions are easy. They have practically unlimited amount of guns including some quite nice rail guns.

------------------
    Loic is not the end...

to cagacandeger

I wouldn't say unlimited, but definatly a good couple of hundred weapons...

As a related point, projectile wepons should also include the rare but groovy TR-116 rifle from 'Fields of Fire', however would it count with the micro transporter add-on?

So the stats for that weapon should be floating around somewhere. Does anyone have them to post here?

Cool

Speaking of CP2020, if you want alot of variety, go to http://www.ambient.on.ca/cpunk/index.html and check out thier archives and the weapons creation rules....

Originally posted by Brad:
    I cannot believe that they gave the .38 and the .45 the same damage. Come on guys, people have been know to shrug off .38 hits but not too many ever stand up from getting hit with a .45 (and I am a pro 9mm advocate over the .45, never thought I would be singing its praises ). I think the damage here needs to be revamped.
    Well... compared to a Phaser I would say that they do....

------------------
    "I'd rather die standing than live on my knees..."
    Shania Twain

The 9mm and the .45ACP are in the same ballpark, but I agree that the .38Spl should do less damage. What really gets me is the disparity between the .45ACP and the .45ACP - i.e. between the Thompson and the Colt pistol. This, however can be explained by it being a case of "holodeck stats" sort of like "movie stats."

Anyone got a copy of Guns, Guns, Guns, 3rd edition, aka 3G3? It's a generic weapons design book with rules for converting to various game systems. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with ICONTrek...

Question

I cannot believe that they gave the .38 and the .45 the same damage. Come on guys, people have been know to shrug off .38 hits but not too many ever stand up from getting hit with a .45 (and I am a pro 9mm advocate over the .45, never thought I would be singing its praises ). I think the damage here needs to be revamped.

Little bit of thread resurection here... A tommy gun would do more damage than a 1911 becuase the round builds up much more velocity in the longer barrel.

Does anybody have any pics or stats for that projectile sniper rifle from DS9 I keep hearing about?

Pistol damage: good ballpark for .22LR & .25 ACP: 2d6; .32/7.62mm: 2d6+1

A lot of people disparage the .38 special, but frankly, it has a lot more knock-down power than people give it credit for; all the stories about people walking away from .38 hits...well, every day gang-bangers are taking multiple 9mm hits with much the same effect. The 9mm is not a huge advancement in knock-down, though it has excellent penetration. Most of the better kill power comes from better designed ammo. They would have about the same damage: 2d6+2

The .45 auto, .40S&W &, .44 special should be about 2d6+4.

.357 magnum, .41 maugnum, 10mm, .45 colt increase their damage by sheer hydrostatic shock: they count on increased speed to do more damage (by the way, this doesn't happen if use standard ball ammo; you usually need to go with hollow-point/flagable rounds to really punch up the damage. I'm guestimate a 2d6+5

The big boys on the block are the .44 magnum, .50 AE rounds (yes, the ballistics are about the same. You pay double the cost for .50 bullets 'cause they look bad-ass...): 2d6+7. They do most of their damage through a combo of a big tear in flesh and hydrostatic pressure.

If that ain't enough: .454 Casul, .480, etc...2d6+10

Rifles:
    .22LR and the pistol rounds, up the damage by +2.

5.56mm/.223 REM (M16s, etc...): 2d6+4
    7.62mm/.308, .30-30, 7mm Swiss, etc...: 3d6+3 (shotguns should probably be about here, too...)
    .300 win mag: 3d6+6
    .50 cal: 3d6+8
    20mm +: 4d6+12

Autofire, quick and dirty: just add another die or maybe the number of rounds that hit to the total damage. (There's a point, where you're just shootin tghrough the same hole...)

[This message has been edited by qerlin (edited 05-20-2001).]

Enough about guns, already...

------------------
    'Who would have thought... A brave Ferengi!'
    Gowron, to Quark, son of Keldar.

Arrow

See this link for more information. There was a previous discussion about projectile weapons in another thread. So here's the link:

http://www.trekrpg.net/Board/ubb/For...ML/001020.html