Thread: Which episode shows empty TNG bridge (top-view)

Which episode shows empty TNG bridge (top-view)

I remember having seen a picture of a completely empty USS Enterprise-D bridge (without crew, that is), filmed from a high angel, above.

I also remember reading some trivia about that shot, that it was only used once during the course of the series and in exactly one episode.

I am looking for this scene and can't seem to find it. Can somebody recall which TNG episode this shot is included in?

[I might have read about this in the Star Trek Encyclopidia, but am not sure...]

Interesting. At a guess and without being able to review. I uess this would be the episode where Bev Crusher gets caught in a sub space pocket universe which decreases in population slowly until she is the sole remaining crewmember...

TBH I cannot think of any other episode that would likely show a shot of an empty bridge.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

There were several pictures taken like that of not just the Enterprise's bridge but also Voyager's and the Defiants for the Star Trek Magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    Interesting. At a guess and without being able to review. I uess this would be the episode where Bev Crusher gets caught in a sub space pocket universe which decreases in population slowly until she is the sole remaining crewmember...

TBH I cannot think of any other episode that would likely show a shot of an empty bridge.
    The reasoning is sound, but I don't think it is it. In my mind I always come back to two episodes, without reasoning, though. One is the epsiode with the Binars stealing Enterprise "!1001001010" or something or 'Conundrum'.

Could you think of a word or term that I might use to browse through the ST: Encyclopidia?

Once I find my copy I shall look for the word 'Bridge'. Any more ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by CypherWest View Post
    There were several pictures taken like that of not just the Enterprise's bridge but also Voyager's and the Defiants for the Star Trek Magazine.
    I remember having seen that episode. At least I think I did. I have no other trivia material aside from the Encyclopedia. So I can rule out that I have seen that picture that I have in my head in a magazin.

The idea is of course good, but not what I am looking for.

The picture was shot from a point above the main viewscreen, looking from a high forward position down on the bridge...IRRC at least.
    Last edited by Cut; 01-04-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Included Quote&Answer to CypherWest's post

Like this?

Yesssss

That is the picture I had in mind or somehting very, very close.

Now, what epsiode is that a screen-cap from?

Then I have no idea. Seems like there was a seen like that from that VCR boardgame that was put out back in the 90's. That is the only thing I can remember off hand that has a scene like that, Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by CypherWest View Post
    Then I have no idea. Seems like there was a seen like that from that VCR boardgame that was put out back in the 90's. That is the only thing I can remember off hand that has a scene like that, Sorry.
    Don't be sorry, you have helped me a great deal.

I have even managed to get my hands on my copy of the Encyclopedia. Under the term 'bridge' I have found a page showing all number of empty bridge settings of all major Federation Starships. That picture supplied by CypherWest was featured as well. But no mention of the 'trivia' I seem to recall, that said shot was used only once in the run of the show.

I think I recall it from the Art of Star Trek.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    I think I recall it from the Art of Star Trek.
    Intersting. Does your answer concern the picture itself or the Trivia bit, about being used just once, TDK?

The Art of Star Trek could be the source of my information, as I have a copy of that book as well, I think in the german translation, maybe.

What about the episode "Starship Mine" when Picard leaves his ship empty for the barium (or somehting the like) sweep?

Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry