SU’s Used: 622

Hull Outer <8>
    Hull Inner <8>
    Resistance Outer Hull: 10 <15>
    Resistance Inner Hull: 10 <15>

Structural Integrity Field [1 pwr/10 Protection/rd]
    Main: Class 7 (Protection 100/150) <32>
    Primary Backup: Class 7 (Protection 100/150) <32>

Specialized Hull: Atmospheric Capability <2> Planetfall Capability <2> Submersible Capability <2>

Personnel Systems
    Crew/Passengers/Evac: 1-2/4/8

Environmental Systems
    Basic Life Support [2 pwr/rd] <8>
    Reserve Life Support [1 pwr/rd] <4>
    Emergency Life Support <4>
    Gravity [1 pwr/rd] <2>
    Consumable: 12 Months’ worth <2>
    Food Replicator [2 pwr/rd] <2>
    Fire Suppression System [1 pwr/rd when active] <2>

PROPULSION SYSTEMS
    Warp Drive Nacelles: Type 1A, Retractable, Sustained Downgrade 2 <9>
    Speed: 1.2/1.8/3 [1 pwr/.2 Warp factor]
    PIS: Type A (1-4 hours of Maximum Warp) <2>
    Impulse Engine Type: Class 4 (.6c/.8c) [6/8 pwr/rd] <20>
    Reaction Control System (.025c) [2 pwr/rd when in use] <2>

POWER SYSTEMS
    Warp Engine Type: Class 7/M (generates 350 pwr/rd) <80>
    Impulse Engine[s]: one class 4 (generates 32 pwr/engine/rd)
    Auxiliary Power: 2 reactors (generates 5 pwr/reactor/rd) <6>
    Emergency Power: Type A (generates 25 pwr/rd) <25>
    EPS: Standard Power flow, +50 pwr transfer/rd <15>
    Standard Usable Power: 467

OPERATIONS SYSTEM
    Bridge: Forward <6>

Computer Core: Amidships [5 pwr/rd] <4>
    Computer Core: Amidships [5 pwr/rd] <4>
    ODN x 2 <12>

Navigational Deflector [5 pwr/rd] <8>

Sensor Systems
    Long-range Sensors [5 pwr/rd] <19>
    Range Package: Type 1 (Accuracy 3/4/7/10)
    High Resolution: 4 Light-year (0.5/0.6 - 1.0/1.1 - 3.0/3.1 - 4.0)
    Low Resolution: 10 Light-Years (1.0/1.1-3.0/3.1-7.0/7.1-10.0)
    Strength Package: Class 1 (Strength 1)
    Gain Package: Standard
    Coverage: standard

Lateral Sensor [5 pwr/rd] <38>
    Strength Package: Class 10 (Strength 10)
    Gain Package: Class Gamma (+3)
    Coverage: standard
    Echolocation Package: Class Gamma (up to +3 vs matter interference)

Navigational Sensor [5 pwr/rd] <16>
    Strength Package: Class 4 (Strength 4)
    Gain Package: Class Gamma (+3)
    Sensors Skill: 5

Probes: 50 <5>

Flight Control Systems
    Autopilot: Shipboard systems (flight Control) 4, Coordination 3 [1 Power/round in use] <15>

Navigational Computer
    Main: Class 3 (+2) [1 pwr/rd] <4>
    Backup <1>

Inertial Damping Field
    Main <4>
    Strength: 3 [3 pwr/rd]
    Number: 1
    Backup <1>
    Strength: 2 [2 pwr/rd]
    Number: 1
    Attitude control [1 pwr/rd] <1>

Communications Systems
    Type: Class 10 Beta [2 pwr/rd] <26>
    Strength: 10
    Test Result Bonus: +2
    Security: -5
    Emergency Communications: [2 pwr/rd] <1>

Tractor Beams
    Emitter: Class Alpha [3 pwr/Strength used/rd] <3>
    Accuracy: 4/5/7/10

Transporters
    Type: Personnel [1 power/use] <17>
    Pads: 2
    Emitter/receiver array: Personnel type 6 (40,000 km range)
    Energizing/transition coils: Class J (strength 10)
    Number and Location: Aft of Cockpit

Silent Submerged Drive: Class 10 [100 pwr/rd] (+10 difficulty to hear ship) <32>

Science Systems: Rating 1 [1 pwr/rd] <12>
    Specialized Science Systems: Planetary Science +1

TACTICAL SYSTEMS
    Standard Phaser Array
    Type: IV
    Damage: 80/100 [8/14 Power]
    Number of Emitters: 50 (1 shot/rd)
    Targeting Systems: Class Alpha (Accuracy: 5/6/8/11)
    Range: 10/30,000/100,000/300,000
    Firing Arc: 541+
    Firing Modes: Standard, ACB jacketing [+5 pwr] <5>

Torpedo Tube, carronade: spread 1 [25 pwr] (half listed range for torpedoes) <7>

TA/T/TS: Class Alpha [2 pwr/rd] <6>
    Strength: 7
    Bonus: 0
    Weapon Skill: 4

Shields (Forward, Aft, Port, Starboard) <14 (x 4 = 56)>
    Shield Generator: Class 4 (Protection 610) [61 pwr/shield/rd]
    Shield grid: Type A (25% increase to 763 Protection)
    Subspace Field Distortion Amplifiers: Class Delta (Threshold 200)
    Recharge System: Regenerative Class 1 (20 pts/rd) [1 pwr/pt regenerated] <24>
    Backup Shield Generators: 4 (1/shield) <4>
    Auto-Destruct System <2>

NOTES: The Nautilus-class bathyshuttle was designed by Starfleet as a replacement for the antiquated aquashuttle. Its purpose is to equip Explorers with a vessel capable of probing the mysteries of deep oceans and gas giants. Designed with a remarkably tough hull, top-of-the-line structural integrity fields, and regenerative shield technology, this little ship is nigh uncrushable. Since the Nautilus is expected to explore places where no other ships can come to the rescue in emergencies, Starfleet engineers also installed redundant backup systems. The end result was an extraordinarily tough and reliable little ship.

Unfortunately, this left limited space for scientific equipment. The oceanographic sensors are top-notch, but there is little room for any other mission-specific equipment. In the field, a popular modification is to remove the warp nacelles in order to make room for more science equipment. Starfleet is also considering removing the phasers; even with ACB jacketing, phasers are of limited range and usefulness underwater.

In spite of those minor flaws, the bathyshuttle has proved very popular with its crews. Oceanographers and gas giant experts are thrilled to be able to fly from a starship down to the deepest places of any planet, and the pilots are impressed with the state-of-the-art controls and safety features designed into it, as well as the opportunity to go places where even Starfleet seldom goes. It certainly doesn't hurt that the design is very unusual and gracefully sculpted with compound curves seldom seen on shuttlecraft.

(This design was inspired by a kit-bashed model based on the "Roswell UFO" that is hanging from my ceiling. It's a very sleek shape that reminds me of a manta ray. I'll see if I can find a pic to show what it looks like.)
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Link to a Pic

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tes/tes555.htm

This is the kit I started with. I added streamlined engine pods on the upper surfaces of the wing trailing edges, trimmed the wingtips pack so they're even with the upturned fins, and added small shark-tail shaped fins to the tail. Also converted the forward "sensor bay" to a cockpit with two seated pilot figures. It's a very pretty little model, if I do say so myself, and I do.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Since this shuttle would be attached to a larger Explorer ditch the warp-drive all together and leave the weapons. That'll free up room for "stuff" in game terms plus it doesn't make sense for something that's down in the ocean or a gas-giant most of the time to have a warp-drive anyway.
    w00t

MoarTNG, I agree with you from a purely sensible and practical point of view; that's probably what Starfleet would do. But considering what kind of trouble most PCs get into in a typical RPG, I expect they'd want a warp drive to give them more operation range and potential escape plans. That would be my opinion if I had one of these in a game where I was playing. If you want to use it in your game with no warp drive, feel free. And let me know what your players think of it; I'm always open to feedback from gamers.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Well this caught my eye because for story-purposes we need to explore some gas giants, I figured "AHHA PERFECT"

I'm the sort of Narrator that deprives characters of equipment and forces them to improvise... This weekend I'll type up a warpless version of this ship for our game. You interested in seeing it Sarge?
    w00t

Sure, type away, I like to see how different people go different ways with the same basic idea. And I'm interested in the adventure in a gas giant too; can you share what you have in mind for that? Or if your players know about this site, tell us what happened after it's over?
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Sure, type away, I like to see how different people go different ways with the same basic idea. And I'm interested in the adventure in a gas giant too; can you share what you have in mind for that? Or if your players know about this site, tell us what happened after it's over?
    The crew is looking for evidence of "Bio Mechanical Race" activity, this is quite a bit prior to the events in The Neutral Zone and Q-Who. A clue on Minos indicates the Minosians created some of their technology from a salvaged piece of technology from the wreckage of a ship belonging to a "cybernetic race" and the wreckage was in an unstable orbit around a gas-giant near by. They are going to spend some time diving the gas-giant scanning for wreckage, and running afoul of the race of sentient gas-bags that lives within. (oops)

...this assumes that the demise of the Minosians was fairly recent in our timeline, that's why Starfleet took an interest... it also assumes that Starfleet has kept a semi-active mostly unofficial search for the Borg since Archer's time.
    w00t

Ooh, that gives me Evil-GM (TM) thoughts. Nautilus has a good transporter, so they can beam artifacts aboard even through dense matter. If there are active nanoprobes in the wreckage, things could become more interesting than Chinese curse times.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

I recently stumbled across this kit-bash that somebody did based on the same kit I used for my model. But I think this one looks more like a Starfleet design than mine. Check it out. http://www.starshipmodeler.info/contest7/scratch_02.htm

http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/t/steveplj.../ff/ffmain.htm
    Last edited by Sarge; 02-24-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<