Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Nemesis (Director's Cut)

Question Star Trek: Nemesis (Director's Cut)

In the wake of guessing if there actually might be another appearence of the TNG crew on the big screen I started wondering, what the fan's chances are, that we will see a newly edited Director's Cut of ST: Nemesis?

Has there ever been any word about this? Has there been any DC of any Trek movie before? (I seem to recall that there is a DC of TMP).

There are DCs of ST:TMP and ST2:TWOK. That's it. I wouldn't hold my breath for a DC of Nemesis.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    I wouldn't hold my breath for a DC of Nemesis.
    That's too bad. With all those deleted scenes and holes in the storyline it would be the Trek movie that a DC would possibly do a lot of good.

Well, the DC of TMP was actually watchable and enjoyable, something that couldn't be said for the original theatrical experience (though I was just 13, and it was pretty cool for what it was...it just wasn't good Trek).

A DC might help Nemesis, but frankly, I'm not sure I could muster enough "I care" at this point. I was never a big 24th century fan, so it wasn't a major deal with me that it wasn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    I was never a big 24th century fan, so it wasn't a major deal with me that it wasn't good.
    That will certainly be helpful for not being disturbed by Nemesis. I grew up with TNG and it still is my fav show, so I care a lot

Yeah, I can see where that would be a problem....

I've seen it. It's called Wrath of Khan.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Well, since the director actually was a cutter originally and also cut Nemesis, we already saw the director's cut. Now we might hope to see a "non-director's"-Cut. Maybe from someone who knows what he or she is doing. How about a "Frakes'"-Cut...
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    That will certainly be helpful for not being disturbed by Nemesis. I grew up with TNG and it still is my fav show, so I care a lot
    Yes Star Trek X was a bad ending . . . to a good run. Furthermore, it ended the long standing tradition of even number movies being the good ones. When the odd numbers came around, we laugh, we chuckled . . . and we expected the next one to be the good one.

But X (Nemesis) was SO outdone by IX (Insurrection) that it's pretty sad to think about it.

So if they can find a way to improve it. By ALL MEANS. However, will I be willing to purchase it. HECK NO! Rent it, if I have the free time.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Well...Braga is gone. Now if only Berman can be given the stake throught the Heart, we might be okay
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

We've already got the original DVD and the Special Edition DVD... let's try not to get TOO George Lucas, here...
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    We've already got the original DVD and the Special Edition DVD... let's try not to get TOO George Lucas, here...
    I can see your point here, but IMO 'Nemesis' could so much benefit from a DC or let's say "new cut" (just to honour Evan's arguments ).

Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    I can see your point here, but IMO 'Nemesis' could so much benefit from a DC or let's say "new cut" (just to honour Evan's arguments ).
    We could insert all the Jar-Jar scenes from the "Fan-Edited" Phantom Menace !
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Quote Originally Posted by First of Two
    We could insert all the Jar-Jar scenes from the "Fan-Edited" Phantom Menace !
    I actually care for TNG, so my idea was to help not to make matters even worse. I believe that Jar-Jar is right where he belongs, a galaxy far far away from Trek

I'd like to see it.

Personally, I've never understood the bashing of Nemesis. I absolutely loved it - about the only complaint I had was the "open door" for Data to come back via B4. But I didn't see it as any worse than the "open door" for Spock to come back and get his katra (was that it?) back via Bones.

Honestly, I would rank the ST films as follows (out of 5):

I (ST:TMP) - 3
    II (ST: TWoK) - 5
    III (ST: TSFS) - 3
    IV (ST: TVH) - 8
    V (ST: TFF) - 1
    VI (ST: TUC) - 5
    VII (ST:G) - 3
    VIII (ST: FC) - 5
    IX (ST: I) - 3
    X (ST: N) - 4

Anything over 3 I'd be happy to see a DC of! (And yes, I ended that sentence badly! )
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...