View Poll Results: Which Starfleet bridge design is your favorite?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Enterprise, NX-01 as seen in Enterprise

3 12.50%
  • U.S.S. Enterprise, NCC-1701 as seen in TOS

3 12.50%
  • U.S.S. Enterprise, NCC-1701-A/B as seen in Movies (please name which movie)

9 37.50%
  • U.S.S Enterprise NCC-1701-D as seen in TNG/Generations

2 8.33%
  • U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205 as seen in DS9

3 12.50%
  • U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656 as seen in VOY

5 20.83%
  • U.S.S. Enterprise, NCC-1701-E as seen in TNG movies

4 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Vote your favorite Starfleet bridge design

Vote your favorite Starfleet bridge design

I have been confronted with the question, which I consider my favorite Star Trek bridge design. As if not to complicate matters, I have limited the number of designs in this poll to Starfleet bridges seen during the course of the years.

As to make this poll more interesting, I have included voting options for the following bridge designs:

Enterprise NX-01 (ENT)

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (TOS)

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A/B (Movie Sets)

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D (TNG/Generations)

U.S.S. Defiant NX-74205 (DS9)

U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656 (VOY)

U.S.S. Enterprise, NCC-1701-E (TNG Movies)

I only included options for bridge sets used and seen more often than a few snippets in an episode.

Also I grouped the Movie Era bridges into one single entry, including the Enterprise-B bridge, that is also covered under the option "NCC-1701-A/B (Movie Sets)".

If you go for this option, please specify which one is your favorite version.

I have enabled multiple votes.
    Last edited by Cut; 01-17-2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Included and corrected bridge image links

I have cast two votes.

1st choice was the Galaxy class bridge. It is one of my favorite Star Trek sets. Its huge, it's friendly, it has nice colours and it makes you want to spend time on it.

2nd choice was (and this came as a surprise to me as well) to the NX class bridge module. I like the cramped look (which I actually dislike very much for the Souvereign class bridges) and I think that the master situation table and the inclusion of a Situation Room is brilliant and a nice precursor to a conference lounge.

Runners up would be Intrepid class bridges and maybe some movie era set.

I disliked every single Enterprise-E bridge set as a matter of fact. In my oppinion those designs feel too cramped, utterly uncomfortable and millitaristic. I wouldn't want to spend shift after shift, day after day on that bridge.

I liked the bridge of 1701A from STVI, as an updated look for the bridge from TOS.

I also liked the Galaxy class bridge

I also dislike the Enterprise-E sets, although i like the exterior of the Enterprise-E

The TOS one wins for it's workmanlike qualities, for me. The now-retro design is exactly what makes me think people actually have jobs in this environment.

I do like DS9's Ops way more in general, though.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry