Thread: Online CODA Star Trek Game?

Exclamation Online CODA Star Trek Game?

Hello everyone

I'm considering attempting to put together a CODA system Star Trek game and play on a message board. I was wondering if any of you would be interested? Its similar to the idea of a SIM, but not exactly. More like a table top game but one you post for when you can or feel like it instead of having to show up at a game every week or whatever.

If there's an interest in anyone wanting to play such a game, I'll put up a poll to determine which era of Star Trek we want to play in. I like them all, so its perfectly fine for me, whatever we run. I just think it'd be a fun idea, and I'd like to see it go somewhere.

Thanks for your time, and let me know if you'd be interested in something like this.

Note: I originally posted this in the Narrator's Ready Room, and then realized it belongs here instead. Sorry if I goofed guys

Note: I originally posted this in the Narrator's Ready Room, and then realized it belongs here instead. Sorry if I goofed guys
    You did?!? Sounds like we must keelhaul you under a space ship for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Circus View Post
    I'm considering attempting to put together a CODA system Star Trek game and play on a message board. I was wondering if any of you would be interested? Its similar to the idea of a SIM, but not exactly. More like a table top game but one you post for when you can or feel like it instead of having to show up at a game every week or whatever.

If there's an interest in anyone wanting to play such a game, I'll put up a poll to determine which era of Star Trek we want to play in. I like them all, so its perfectly fine for me, whatever we run. I just think it'd be a fun idea, and I'd like to see it go somewhere.
    Not sure if you have looked at the Forum Rpg thread or not. Quite a few pages. But there is definitely interest in some forum based gaming. Busy schedules seems to be the main reason why we don't get past char gen.

But I must admit that I never have bothered to look up what a SIM is in this regard. So that reference is a bit lost on me. But the forum based roleplaying that I have seen is of the "collaborate storytelling" variety.

Hey there

That's basically all a SIM is. I've only played in a couple of SIMs, but they're more or less like what I'm describing, and played via email, message board, or Yahoo group or something similar, just usually with a lot more people and organization, but its more free form roleplay, meaning they don't use a rules system per se of any sort, and no dice. It can be fun until you get a bunch of people that think "no dice or rules system" means "I can do whatever I want" and start behaving like adolescent Q.

I peeked at the thread you mentioned and it seems to be much the same idea I was speaking of. More or less a table top game played online, via a message board. Only you don't have to be present at any particular time in order to participate.

Hopefully we can get something off the ground sometime.

I am desperately seeking an online CODA Trek game BUT I am only interested in real-time tabletop. Would you consider running it through something like OpenRPG or RPtools or even Skype?

I'd be interested in that, yes, very much so. I'm pretty flexible either way, its just a matter of finding players and getting them all online at the same time to actually play. Sounds like a great idea, though I'd have to get the OpenRPG or RPGTools software

I can point you to them and assist you with any help you would need. If you like, I could even place an ad for the game at OpenRPG's website to recruit players if we need more. How many players do we have/that would be interested in playing in real-time through OpenRPG or RPtools?

Are you still on for trying to get this together? I am completely willing to help in any way possible and to even advertise for the game if you want. Just let me know what you think. Perhaps you and I could schedule a time to discuss the game online.

Yeah, I'm still for trying to get this together, and would be happy to discuss stuff with you about doing so. I appreciate the offer to help as well. Thus far, its just an idea, with no concrete players committed as yet. I've got one possible but I don't know if he's going to be able to or not. He runs an old G3 Mac with OS 8.6.

I'll be going out of town in a couple of weeks, but will have my laptop with me, so continuing shouldn't be an issue, assuming we can get it off the ground.

Ok, if you don't mind I will advertise the game on the OpenRPG website. I will try to help recruit players. If you e-mail me at jonathan.baldridge@gmail.com we can trade contact info and maybe start talking some over Skype or AIM or Yahoo Messenger.

Sounds great to me, and I emailed you! Take care!

Kiwis looking for a game

Hi there

My son and I are Americans living in rural New Zealand and have had trouble finding players for some Coda Trek. We take turns Narrating but one on one isn't quite the same, so we'd love to get into a game via Skype, for example. Please let me know if anyone is looking for players and would like to give it a try.

Cheers!
    Trust me...there's no word for 'crisp' on Ferenginar

My weekly Star Trek game is looking for a couple more players. Right now we could use a Science Officer and a Helmsman. So far we have the Capatain, XO, Counselor, Security Officer/Tactical, and Doctor.

If interested please e-mail me at jonathan.baldridge@gmail.com.

Sounds great! I've sent through an email to the address you provided.

Cheers, Leo
    Trust me...there's no word for 'crisp' on Ferenginar