Thread: Enterprise (Japanese Trek RPG) Giveaway Contest!

Exclamation Enterprise (Japanese Trek RPG) Giveaway Contest!

Hello all!

As I posted recently, I recently found a little known officially licensed Star Trek RPG called Enterprise, published by Tsukuda Hobby in Japan back in 1983. I became pretty fascinated with it, so I spent the last month translating the rulebook and components, covered on my Groknard blog here.

When it was all done I was really happy with the results, so I put all of my translated work into a single, nicely formatted 60-page document. That was really cool, so I took it the the printer downstairs and had them print out 3 copies of it and saddlestitch it into a 8.5x11 book.

The first one I've tucked it into plastic and put it at the bottom of my own Enterprise box. I'll give it to my kids someday (if I ever have any, ha!). The second one is my "everyday" copy. I printed the GM reference and character cards onto nice cardstock, and I'll use this to share with friends and possibly run a game this year here in the Bay Area and/or GenCon. And for the third one... I'm giving it away!

So I decided to have a contest, detailed on my blog here. It's real simple, no catches, and it's open to anyone in the world over 18. If you win, I'll send you a copy at no cost. Deadline for entries is midnight Saturday March 14th, one entry per person. If you're at all interested in one of the rarest Trek games in existence, here's your chance to not only see it but be able to play it! So stop by, enter and good luck!

Nice idea

I'd like to enter, but first: I never win in these things, and then I am more of a modern day Star Trek fan. I wouldn't want to take one of those RPG fans down by winning, that would give the world for a copy of that game. I do hope, that someone from our litte TrekRPG community wins and shares something about the game here

Good luck to all participants!

Great idea!

Man, right now--I wouldn't exactly "kill" for a copy of that translation or a chance to play the game--but I would probably be willing to make rude noises and disparaging remarks to strangers for it! Maybe even pelt someone with crumpled up pieces of paper. I dunno. Desperate measures, Man.

It really does look interesting, in a non-state of the art retro kind of way. Wish I could sit in on a session of it.
    Thanks for the information on it at the blog. I never even knew that this one existed before reading about it.

RPG Archaeology! new specialization. yep.

What a nice and generous idea! It's fascinating to see what directions RPGs and Trek took.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Has the contest finished already?

Is there a lucky and hopefully happy winner?

Oh yes, finished back on March 15th. The winner was Adam Dickstein in NY, who was actually one of the contributors to LUG's Among the Clans: The Andorians. Adam writes some great stuff about running Trek games on his Barking Alien blog.

Now that is all good then

Thanks for the pointer!