Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trek Trailer

New Trek Trailer

A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Oh. My. God.

That was amazing!
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Good Lord.

I've watched it, like, six times already. Simply incredible. If the movie itself holds up like this, it's going to be enormous.

Three more months, and I'm already in line....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Could only watch it without sound, but it sure did look interesting. But that ship...that's not nice, don't you think?

Right now I have some financial problems, that force me to cut down on all expanses for some time. (I am having to pay for university and a one-year-final-exam-preparation-course, when I thought, that I'd only have to pay for the course and not the university for a year...stupid mistake made by me)

So I am looking at a year with a zero gaming and entertainment budget.

But I think I will make sure, to have the money ready for a ticket to the cinema

That trailer was attached to Watchmen, and was preceded by the new Wolverine movie trailer.

So, I was in GEEK HEAVEN!!!!!!

It definitely seems to be the trailer which lays all doubts to rest.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

It was okay until Bana's emo-whinge. Can't we get some cool villains?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

By the way, does anyone know if that's just placeholder music, or if it's part of the real score? Because it's gorgeous and I want it now!

Me too...It's got that epic feel
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I really have high hopes by watching this one. Very nice work it appears. I want stats and RPG material I always thought the uniforms for the movie era were the best
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Yeah the music REALLY made it! For some reason even though there's not THAT much more than was seen before, it just worked SO much better. Complete nerdgasm!

It's going to have a hard time living up to the hype, but I WILL be going to see this, even if it's half as good as this trailer, I'll love it
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    Could only watch it without sound, ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    By the way, does anyone know if that's just placeholder music, or if it's part of the real score? Because it's gorgeous and I want it now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    Yeah the music REALLY made it! For some reason even though there's not THAT much more than was seen before, it just worked SO much better. Complete nerdgasm!

Well now that I did indeed see the trailer with music, I am sold. That piece of music simply must make it to the final version of the movie and the soundtrack. That was really moving, gorgeous and epic. I just want to know, if they stuck at least with some old theme-melody that makes it Star Trek all the way through.

How am I supposed to come up with the money for the soundtrack as well=!

The score is by Michael Giacchino, the man responsible for the music from The Incredibles... so that's another point in its favor.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

However, the music for this trailer (and the previous one) is by a pair of composers called Two Steps from Hell. TSfH does nothing but trailer music. This one is a selection called "Freedom Fighters", from their collection Legend. Apparently Paramount liked it so much they bought an exclusive license to it for this trailer. The previous trailer used their track "Down with the Enterprise (choir)", also from Legend, mixed with the virtually identical piece of music called "War Begins" by Brian Tyler, from his Children of Dune soundtrack. Unfortunately, there is yet no way for the public to buy these tracks yet.

I just hope Giacchino's score can live up to the trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by mechascorpio View Post
    Unfortunately, there is yet no way for the public to buy these tracks yet.
    Damn. This must be corrected somehow....