Thread: Stations & Ptolemys

Stations & Ptolemys

Does anyone know how large the "tube" things are that hang below/above the Regula-style/Orbital Office-style stations? I'm wondering if these are detachable/replacable and could be transported by the TOS Ptolemy-class in place of the usual pods they haul around.

Their is an obvious size issue though, but these were rather small stations. Perhaps it would be doable?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

The transport containers hauled by the Ptolemy class were, according to the FJTM, 200 m in length and 40 m in diameter. According to most sources I've found, the Regula I station itself is only about 200 m high, which makes the tubes underneath about 16.5 to 17 m in diameter and about 93 m in height (very rough math on my part, but it's close enough for government work).

Bundle things up right, and you could probably get the entire station hauled out there in large component pieces in one Ptolemy haul with a pair of transport containers in a tandem configuration. Regula-style stations aren't very big.

Does this help at all?
    Last edited by PGoodman13; 03-20-2009 at 02:37 PM.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Sorry for the late reply!

Yes, all very interesting. I'm looking at doing a little intro to RPG play and the ICON system. I thougth a little re-supply mission to a station would be an easy way to introduce everything all at once. Warp in a new container, use a workbee or clydesdale-class yard tug to position them on the station. Could be interesting.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973 View Post
    Yes, all very interesting. I'm looking at doing a little intro to RPG play and the ICON system. I thougth a little re-supply mission to a station would be an easy way to introduce everything all at once. Warp in a new container, use a workbee or clydesdale-class yard tug to position them on the station. Could be interesting.
    Especially if something goes wrong.