Thread: We have lost a member of the boards

We have lost a member of the boards

One of my group and member here has passed on.
    Michael Sargent

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Godspeed, Michael.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

: (
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Unhappy

May God Stand Between You And Harm In All The Empty Places You May Walk
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

*raises a glass*

To absent friends

Condolences to you, Phoenix, on the loss of your friend, and also to his family and friends who were not members of this community.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Rest in peace, sir.
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you've read it in the original Klingon text."
    - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

- Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

I can't think of anything to say, so I second what RaconteuerX said, as it comes close to what I feel:

Quote Originally Posted by RaconteurX View Post
    Condolences to you, Phoenix, on the loss of your friend, and also to his family and friends who were not members of this community.

My condolences, very sad
    Ta Muchly

It's always sad to lose friend. I'm afraid as I get older this will be happening more and more. What name did he post under here?

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost a good friend. You have my sympathy and my condolences. Was this quick in coming and unexpected? Or was this something that was drawn out, if you don't mind me asking.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Thanks all, his wife is doing her best to hold in there - I'm proud of her strength.

As for what happened: it was thankfully quick - he was driving home from work when he was hit in the driver side door by an underage drinker doing 20 over the speed limit (total of 65 MPH) at an intersection. Even if he had survived, he wouldn't have wanted to live in the physical condition the accident left him in. The other driver, despite being ejected from his truck, was released from the hospital two days later. To the best of my knowledge not arrested.

As for Mike's handle here, he never would tell me (he made it in to a game, I gave up trying to figure it out years ago - I regret that now) - Besides I talked with him 2-3 times a week so we would talk in person about topics on the boards.

Mike's Speculist Blog
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

My sympathies for his family and friends. What a terrible thing, I don't know what to say other than I am sorry.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11