Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Call for Submissions: Klingons

Quote Originally Posted by quark12000 View Post
    The problem with "Final Reflection" is that a lot of it has been invalidated by now. The one specific thing I remember is that, according to the book, Klingons had very short lifespans, and in canon they're almost at Vulcan level.
    Actually, canon and the book agree on Klingon maturation rates. I don't recall if the book covered how long Klingons can live..
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

As far as I can remember, Klingons lived about 35-40 years.

As far as I can remember, Klingons lived about 35-40 years.
    And Krenn was... 6 when he played the games? Which would be early teens in human years? Yeah, it should match up with stuff like Alexander joining the KDF when he was 8.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

But not with Kang, Kor, and Koloth being around 100+ years after they met Kirk.

But not with Kang, Kor, and Koloth being around 100+ years after they met Kirk.
    No, but then, but then, most of Kang, Kor and Koloth's compatriots probably didn't make it past 40. Add in the fact that not dying in battle is apparently a serious taboo, and that may be implying hegh'bat is common for anyone too old to ship out.

Humans seem to be living to 100, 120ish with advanced medicine. Klingons are already tougher, but aside from violent death, there's little information on what Klingon healthcare is actually like for powerful (or once-powerful) members of the upper class and what that would mean for their potential lifespan. Martok complains about Klingon doctors being crap, but it's an Empire, and Kriosian physicians could've been all the rage when Kor was in his prime. If we say the whole Klingon metabolism and aging process does work on overdrive naturally (compared to humans), genetic 'deceleration' treatments might also be available that retard burnout.

you lot can use my "House H’JoQ" posted elsewhere on the boards. I did them up for the fun of it and you can edit as you will.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Issue 9 of Final Frontier is specifically about the Klingons. I rather liked the issue. It deal with small Klingon Houses in a specific sector. Issue 10 (or issue X) , continued some of the adventure from issue 9.

I also wondered if there was a system that could be used to build Houses like that (or heck maybe organizations) using a system like constructing a Starship. You could give it traits and such.

Hey, Tatterdemalion, Tomcat. Have you every thought about doing more random sectors or planets like that for the next FF? How about planet of the month or sector of the month? This month, a Ferengi world. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Ensign001 View Post
    Hey, Tatterdemalion, Tomcat. Have you every thought about doing more random sectors or planets like that for the next FF? How about planet of the month or sector of the month? This month, a Ferengi world. ;D
    Considering our release schedule, it'd be planet of the year. : P

It goes without saying, of course, that you're welcome to everything Klingon that I've offered up here or for BTFF. Have we got a working deadline for this project? I've got a few ideas rattling around in my brain pan, but I've also got hyper-ADD, so they'll take a bit of time to develop.

Nope, no deadline right now. I leave that to you guys; I'm just handling the development/editing of the thing. The actual writing and such I leave to those who have the most interest in the project.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support