Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call for Submissions: Klingons

Call for Submissions: Klingons

Tell you what, guys. We didn't get the Klingon book we were hoping for, so the only thing to do is to write it ourselves. Or, rather, you guys need to write it yourselves, since I don't have as much interest in a Klingon book for CODA as some of you do.

You guys write things up, send them to me as attachments to klingons at patrickgoodman dot org, and I'll edit, develop, do layout, and host the thing. It'll be a long-term project, speed dependent upon submissions and how enthused I am about the current project I'm working on, as well as if I have paying projects to contend with. I won't be able to pay you with anything but gratitude, credit in the book, and the knowledge that you've given something of worth to the community.

Characters should be rules-legal and conform with the latest errata. Ships should be built using Starships. Any other questions can be sent to the email address above. No contribution is too big or too small.

Thank you for your support.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

I've got some rough writeups for a revised Klingon history and subject species...

EDIT: What's the wordcount your looking for on these chapters?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

No firm wordcounts right now; this is one of those "let's see what happens" projects.

Did I send you a copy of the unpublished Klingon ICON generation book? It may give you an idea what the CODA book would have been like, since the same guys were involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Did I send you a copy of the unpublished Klingon ICON generation book? It may give you an idea what the CODA book would have been like, since the same guys were involved.
    You haven't, but it would be most welcome! Send it to the address above (unless it's huge, and then we'll work something out).

Oh, and just as a general note: While some holes will have to be filled in, I'd very much like to keep things as close to canon as possible. I know this is problematic in some ways, but I can dream....

There's also the SJohn's Untaken Treks & Steve Kenson's Lost Episodes Klingon stuff. Narrating in Klingon, Klingon History & Klingon Space that were being written for LUG.

http://www.io.com/~sjohn/untaken.htm

http://mysite.verizon.net/stevekenson/treks/index.html

Those were pre-Enterprise, though...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

LUG Klingon package set to Patrick. Nothing in Enterprise really invalidated what we already knew about Klingons, it just filled in some of the cracks. The game data should still be good. If it conflicts, do what you would normally do.

Package received, and I thank you profusely. I'll let you know when something happens.

Quote Originally Posted by RealPity View Post
    There's also the SJohn's Untaken Treks & Steve Kenson's Lost Episodes Klingon stuff. Narrating in Klingon, Klingon History & Klingon Space that were being written for LUG.

http://www.io.com/~sjohn/untaken.htm

http://mysite.verizon.net/stevekenson/treks/index.html
    I'll look those over, and I might even ask for their permission to use them. I know Steve and don't imagine he'd object (and it would make life a lot easier), but I'm not sure about approaching SJohn just because...well, I don't know him.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    LUG Klingon package set to Patrick. Nothing in Enterprise really invalidated what we already knew about Klingons, it just filled in some of the cracks.
    Well, it didn't quite invalidate 'canon,' but the LUGtrek history has them acquiring warp drive from the USS Ranger in 2218/23.

Oh, there'd have to be some rewriting of "history", but it wouldn't be a big deal. The encounter with the Ranger in 2218? First official contact between the Federation and the Klingons, though many of the Federation's races had met them before. For reasons of their own (I'm thinking the Romulans), they kind of kept to themselves from just before the founding of the UFP until they bumped into them again in 2218.

Just as a fer-instance....

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    As I said over there:

Now that's something I could get behind.

Still don't know how we'd be able to work fusions in with the canon, and so much of Mike's stuff just didn't, and wouldn't, jive with what was put on screen.

But Klin'Zhai as a philosophy...that I like. I like it a lot, and it does a lot to reconcile the TOS Klingons with the space biker vikings.