Thread: The UN in space...

The UN in space...

I was thinking of doing a gritty campaign, probably set in the original series timeframe, with humans still unsure of their place in the galaxy and somewhat frustrated with not being the center of the universe, and having a place with a B5 theme of diplomacy and intrigue... Any thoughts on this idea? A better timeframe? A thought about races to involve or to not involve until later on as they add themselves to the Federation or prepare to? I am thinking about somewhere just outside of Federation space so that it would be “neutral” and the Federation would have a representative, as well as other species that have not yet joined…
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

What about a Birth of the Federation game? Just because Archer was optimistic about the whole Federation thing doesn't mean that twenty years down the line things will get complicated. What was the Federation's Korean War?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

That could do it... I don't know, so much of it is not defined and has no real visual reference... I also thought about it later where you could incorporate Klingons and Romulans... I don't know. I want something more from the species than cookie cutter cut outs - I have been watching B5 again and am always stuck by how different each species is and how much personality they have. I think this would be a good way to explore that some.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

"UN to Centauri Prime.... if you don't stop using mass drivers against the Narn, we shall be forced to write a number of unpleasantly worded reports about you.

Also, your application to head next year's Human Rights Committee has been approved."
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

"...also you should do something about the mass starvation outside the Emperor's Palace."
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry