Thread: What Alien Races are a part of the Federation in the star date 8100.0(wrath of Kharn)

What Alien Races are a part of the Federation in the star date 8100.0(wrath of Kharn)

This is my first post, I'm trying to run a game set during the movies starting from roughtly the wrath of kharn, and in the Decipher books it doesn't really tell you. So i came here where peoples knowledge would be far greater than mine.

Anyway let me explaine my story idea and maybe yet again get some helpful insite and knowledge.

Ok i am bending some things firsts the ship the pcs will be on will be a Constitution class refit (its my favorite) I am calling it USS Defiant NCC-1764 i know its a real ship which was destroyed but if the Enterprise can have a ship renamed why cant the defiant.

Any way the plan is to have the crew do some missions and stuff in the 23rd century, but they will eventually meet something much like the caretaker or some time-space rift that will launch them somewhere, and into the 24th century, and somewhere far enough about a year warp travel back to federation space, does anyone have a suggestion for where i can send them.

How well will a Constitution survive in the 24th century?

Thank you.
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Jamescukd@aol.c View Post
    This is my first post, I'm trying to run a game set during the movies starting from roughtly the wrath of kharn, and in the Decipher books it doesn't really tell you. So i came here where peoples knowledge would be far greater than mine.

Anyway let me explaine my story idea and maybe yet again get some helpful insite and knowledge.

Ok i am bending some things firsts the ship the pcs will be on will be a Constitution class refit (its my favorite) I am calling it USS Defiant NCC-1764 i know its a real ship which was destroyed but if the Enterprise can have a ship renamed why cant the defiant.

Any way the plan is to have the crew do some missions and stuff in the 23rd century, but they will eventually meet something much like the caretaker or some time-space rift that will launch them somewhere, and into the 24th century, and somewhere far enough about a year warp travel back to federation space, does anyone have a suggestion for where i can send them.

How well will a Constitution survive in the 24th century?

Thank you.
    James

Welcome!

I would say that the Connie would do fine, everything she needs for energy would be available, now repairs might be a problem until she gets close to a Federation outpost.

I had this idea while thinking about something I did last week...what if the crew were doing what they normally did and then there was a craft, and then a flash. When the crew came to they were no longer in the same space they were in before the ships computer tells them that 100 years have past. The crew when they became aware were not in some of the same places onboard the ship when the flash happened.

The craft was actually a travelling museum of alien design, it had acquired them for the collection but after 100 years the collection was returned to where it belonged...in this case there was a wee mistake and they are a long way from home. Who knows who or what could have stowed away aboard, or what was added to the collection accidently....

Just a thought!
    "The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")

Federation species include the Andorians, who are cool, and some other species, which aren't nearly as cool as Andorians. You're welcome, glad to be of assistance, and welcome aboard. But seriously, I'd watch the Federation Council scenes in the movies and take a close look at the members there. Should be a good starting point.

A Connie in the 24th century will do as well as you want it to, since you're throwing it out into unknown space like Voyager. Whatever unknown civilizations the ship encounters can be as advanced or as primitive as you like, so it's easy for you to adjust as necessary for your campaign. Don't worry about it, just run with the story.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

There is a great suppliment on PJGoodman's site that has a lot of species from the Movie era. It called the Alien Companion. The link is http://strpg.patrickgoodman.org/

Here's the list on memory alpha.

Gamewise, here's the ones available in the books:

Andorian, Atreonid (Efrosian), Axanar, Betelgeusean, Centauran, Deltan, El-Aurian (disguised as a human), Human, Medusan, Orion, Regulan, Romulan (disguised as a Vulcan), Tellarite, Tiburonese, Trill, Vulcan, and Zaranite.

There's also stats for Caitians and Edoans floating around this site. A rough draft for the Rhaandarites, Therbians and Xelatians is floating around my computer.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Ok where would you put the ship what part of the galaxy? I remember watching voyager ep Flash back where Janeway said the alot of the alpha quadrant was unexplored. I just need a place that a year warp travel away from federation space, any one got a suggestion?

The craft was actually a travelling museum of alien design, it had acquired them for the collection but after 100 years the collection was returned to where it belonged...in this case there was a wee mistake and they are a long way from home. Who knows who or what could have stowed away aboard, or what was added to the collection accidently....
    I like that idea, so what your saying they are brought forward then sent back to there ship but the memories are wiped or something along those lines

Well there are unexplored areas beyond Romulans or Cardassian spaces (you can use the Taur'hai from the LUG supplement if you venture beyond Romulan spaces).
    They are not very far from known space, are completely unexplored (at least in the canon I know), and can contain a few known or less known hostile species.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Jamescukd@aol.c View Post
    Ok where would you put the ship what part of the galaxy? I remember watching voyager ep Flash back where Janeway said the alot of the alpha quadrant was unexplored. I just need a place that a year warp travel away from federation space, any one got a suggestion?

I like that idea, so what your saying they are brought forward then sent back to there ship but the memories are wiped or something along those lines

I was tired last night but yes that is essentially what I was saying...and as the campaign goes on, terrible nightmares happen to various members of the crew, as the remember what had happened to them.
    "The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")

Does any one know if the summery of Project Genesis is around with out kirk or anyone talking over it