Thread: Weaponry for LotRRPG

Weaponry for LotRRPG

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know if there is a expanded weapon list somewhere drifting on the internet for the Decipher game? I have been looking for quite some time and skimmed HOF and other sources from my hard drive and the web but can't find anything about this.
    Though, basically, right now I need only the stats for a ordinary sling&stone for a hobbit in my group there might come the time where the warrior in my group would like to use a more differentiated set of gear.

For the sling I have thought about using the throwing stone with increased range and a damage bonus dependend on nimbleness.
    OR
    use the ranges of a stone but increasing damage for another point or two.

What do you think? Does anyone have areasonable idea?

Here is the table of new weapons and shields from the never released Fields of Battle Sourcebook.

I hope it helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Tomcat!

Thanks a lot for the table. That helped a lot and my hobbit players were quite happy about seeing HOW MUCH damage a sling is supposed to do compared to what I suggested

Thanks again.

The Sling Question

Man o Man tomacat I go into over slings at the WAB forum in a contest between Javelin's, Bows and Slings..... yes the sling is a very underrated weapon. But so was the atlatl for the Javelin. Personally I am an RL archery buff ... so slightly biased.
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Tomcat - thanks for posting that chart. Great edition to our LOTR game ! Again, the sling is a big YAY !!

I have a female Hobbit PC who uses a sling pretty commonly.

If you check the Narrator section in the first link in my sig, I integrated the Fields of Battle list in with some stuff I made. I believe my table and weapon descriptions also appears in one of the recent Hall of Fire issues.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Celegorn - I've visited that link of yours on several occasions, and there is so much wealth of wonderful LOTR material there - it has really enriched our games !

Tonight I'm downloading the adventures.

Thank you, for making all of this material available.