For the man who created the game that this and so many groups continue to enjoy and build upon, this contest has been established in his honor.

The Purpose: To design a ship that will bear the name of the game's creator, David F. Tepool, and by popular vote the winning design would become "official". Copies of the design will be freely distributed amongst all FASA STCS sites and groups.

The Rules:

1) Ship designs must be original (Unidentified ships lurking in the background in some screen shots statted out are not allowed... ).
a) 3 views of the design is required. This is a design concept contest not an art contest. Designers are encouraged to submit whatever they can to the best of their ability. Collaboration efforts are permitted.
b) Be mindful of proper citation of other's work (for those of us who use toolkits).

2) Designs must be presented on a SRM layout, in *.xls,*.html,*.doc, or *.pdf formats. No zip files, please.

3) Systems are limited to the design tools/charts available here at the TheFASAStarTrekUniverseE-group, tacticalstarshipcombat<dot>com or SCM I and II.

4) Designs are not limited to any particular race or ship type. Non human races would change the name a bit, like the "Te'Pool" class, which is acceptable- just remember you're honoring the man, so don't make it too unrecognizable. Things like starbases and space stations are acceptable. Designs may span any Trek era (ENT,TOS,TAS,TNG,VOY,DS9).

5) Designs are to be submitted to in a folder in the Files section of the TheFASAStarTrekUniverseE-group labeled "Tepool Design Contest".
a) The contest is open to all. For those who are not members of the TheFASAStarTrekUniverseE-group, you may forward your entry to me at ufc465537@yahoo<dot>com

6) More than one entry per contestant is permitted.

7) Collaboration designs (team concepts) are permitted.

8) Contest begins immediately. Last day for submitting a design is midnight August 9th (yeah, that's TWO WHOLE MONTHS! ). Voting will begin on August 10th, and end August 24th.
a) Voting is restricted to the members of the TheFASAStarTrekUniverseE-group.
b) Results and the winning design will be posted by me on all the other boards/groups.

The winner gets bragging rights and his/her design plastered all over the internet!!

Please forward any questions to the TheFASAStarTrekUniverseE-group or to me at ufc465537@yahoo<dot>com