Thread: Kill Settings

Kill Settings

Is there any save against "Kill" effects from energy weapons? It seems pretty harsh (especially with how long a character takes to make).

Dodge actions, maxing out your Defense, and go on the offensive : P

Are your characters dying a lot?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I don't use the kill settings for npcs, I find that the D-whatever + 18 usually gets the message across without the insta-kill effect.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

No save, just the Dodge.

I wouldnt play if the rules had pussyfooted the issue or had some special save.
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

No save. Thats rather the point.

Make them sneak or dodge.

However, as GM, feel free to re-interpret a kill when it would be inconvenient to your plot and in such occurances a limb might be hit and the wound incapacitate the player temporarily and add in sub plot as they need to treat the wound and deal with the aftermath. It is your game.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I think dodge is the only save depending how tough the target is . I have been lucky in the few games i have ran . No one is the wild shoot them up type .

I do have a plan to deal with over kill shot . the extra damage hit what ever is behind the target . There are somethings that do not react well to phase fire .

Well and cover modifiers. Actually it's been a while since I picked up Coda, but I believe you can have cover related situational modifiers.. but yes otherwise - DEAD - and in some cases - a cloud of atoms
    Ta Muchly

The only real save you as GM can offer a PC that sustains an otherwise fatal hit is to allow the player to choose a permanent injury to the character. Examples of this are Ensign Nog losing his leg, or Picard needing a heart replacement.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

In Trek, there's always the sick-bay. You get fried, Doc McCoy or Bashir, or the Holodoc can always save you. Worry if you're on the E-D, though, since Beverly always lost patients... Of course in the villain used disintegrate settings, forget it. Time to roll up a new character!