Thread: Help with converting racial stats

Help with converting racial stats

Hello

I am trying to add the Caitian Species race into my coda Trek rpg materials. I found stats for them in "Icon" format, but I dont feel I understand the rules enough to "properly" convert them.
    So I was hoping that If I posted the stats I wish to use that someone would be gracious enough to convert them for me an post them back in Decipher format here.

I look forward to any and all help.

thanks to all who have tanke time to read my post.

=====================================

Caitians are a graceful felinoid or cat-like species of humanoids from the planet Cait. Caitians are lithe and dexterous people. They are well-known by their love of art and recreation, and are sometimes characterized as frivolous. Their world is a lush jungle, and ancient Caitians had few real predators. They evolved into a culture with few real needs, and were able to concentrate on the finer things. This matriarchal society practices equality at every level; even Caitian names have no gender preference. The felinoid Caitians and the warlike Kzinti share common roots in the deep past — as do Vulcans and Romulans. As with the Vulcans and the Romulans, the two groups went their separate ways to develop as two entirely different civilizations. The Caitians are fierce warriors when so called upon, but pride themselves on their accomplishments in arts and philosophy rather than on the martial arts. The Caitian world currently is a member of the Federation.

Attributes
    ------------------------------------------
    Fitness 2 [5]
    Coordination 3 [6]
    Dexterity +1
    Reaction +1
    Intellect 2 [5]
    Presence 2 [5]
    Willpower -1
    Psi 0 [5]

Skills
    ------------------------------------------
    Any Science (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Artistic Expression (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Athletics (choose Specialization) 2 (3)
    Culture (Caitian) 2 (3)
    History (Caitian) 1 (2)
    Language (Caitian) 2
    World Knowledge (Cait) 2 (3)

Typical Advantages/Disadvantages
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Excellent Balance +1, Excellent Sight +2, Impulsive -1, Night Vision +1
    Last edited by KYGuy731; 07-08-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: forgot something

I'm guessing you have no access to the Starfleet Operations Manual?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I have it. If your referring to the Regulan race in the book, I wasnt sure if I should jsut use its stats or not. Which is why I posted the stats I had for the lug setting here to see what ppl thought.
    Also of that races names, M'ress isnt listed there so that immediatly made me think that it may be a complete diffrent race. Or is it the Caitian race reworked?
    Last edited by KYGuy731; 07-08-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Regulans are Caitians. There were some legal issues at the time using the name Caitian (and likely M'Ress), so they had to come up with something else.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Thanks, I app the help. I never heard of the regulans before but knew that the illustration presented was once said it was suppossed to be of the Caitian race. But beyond that I was lost.

thanks again I "REALLY" app all the help.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    The replacement of Caitians with Regulans, and the posts on it here generated some ideas for our campaign !

The way we're playing it the Regulans are a sort of "cousin" race to Caitians... and they've had on-and-off hostilities for ages !

Our security chief, Lieutenant Commander Kha'Tarr, takes great offense at being mistaken for a Regulan !

I didn't realize that the Regulans were the Caitains. Thanks for letting us know!
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

My pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by FASAGrrl View Post
    The replacement of Caitians with Regulans, and the posts on it here generated some ideas for our campaign !

The way we're playing it the Regulans are a sort of "cousin" race to Caitians... and they've had on-and-off hostilities for ages !

Our security chief, Lieutenant Commander Kha'Tarr, takes great offense at being mistaken for a Regulan !
    I really like that idea! Personally, I'd add one more distinction though:

Caitians purr annoyingly when they talk and in the same voice of the Enterprise computer and Nurse Chapel. Regulans (mercifully) don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjGhYexrJ0c

It would seem I'm made a good roll on my "web-fu".

http://starbase10.com/trek/caitian.htm

Enjoy.
    Darth Sarcastic

"Shall I goto 'Red Alert' sir? It does mean changing the lightbulb." - Kryten, Red Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sarcastic View Post
    It would seem I'm made a good roll on my "web-fu".

http://starbase10.com/trek/caitian.htm

Enjoy.
    Anybody know how to get a hold of this guy? I can't find any contact info on the site, and I'd like to ask him about linking to some of his material.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Being a huge fan of Caitians, I did my own version of them before the Starfleet Operations Manual was published. Here they are:

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...hlight=Caitian
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    Anybody know how to get a hold of this guy? I can't find any contact info on the site, and I'd like to ask him about linking to some of his material.
    Disregard; I found what I was looking for at the root of his site. There's just nothing on the Trek site itself.