Thread: Vulcans

Vulcans

I created some Vulcan Adept professional abilities for my game, tell me what you think of them:

[CENTER]ADEPT:[CENTER]

TIER II

Plat-Vok (Share Mind):
    You can use your Mind Meld skill to establish a psychic linkage with anyone you ever had a Mind Meld with.
    Prerequisites: Vulcans only, Mind Meld 6 ranks.
    Benefit: A successful Mind Meld skill test allows you to receive all or a part of the sensory information with the target with a target on which you successfully used the Mind Meld skill on. If desired the psychic linkage can be maintained without the knowledge or consent of the target. The psychic linkage can be attempted at any time, regardless of the present distance of the target, use the Telepathy Range modifiers for this sort of Mind Meld test.

Shan Tip (Healing Trance):
    Some Vulcans adepts show an incredible control over their healing metabolism.
    Prerequisites: Vulcans only, Mind Over Body.
    Benefit: A Vulcan Adept can heal an extra 2 points when in “Enhanced Rapid Healing” by doubling the time he spends in trance.
    Special: A Vulcan Adept cannot heal any critical hit effects with a healing trance.

TIER III

Master Body (Rha-Tel-Pan):
    You have learned to control pain completely.
    Prerequisites: Vulcan only, Mind Over Body
    Benefit: As with the Mind Over Body professional ability, but he ignores the all the TN penalties due to injuries for 1/2 hour (+5 cumulative TN penalty for each extra 1/2 hour).

Shan-Laka (Healing Touch):
    You have learned to put others in Healing Trance.
    Prerequisites: Vulcan only, Mind Over Body, Mind Meld 6 Ranks
    Benefit: You can let another willing characters benefit from the Enhanced
    Rapid healing by making a Successful Mind Meld (TN see below).

Wound-Level: TN:
    Stunned 10
    Injured 15
    Wounded 20
    Incapacitated 25
    Near Dead 30

If the Mind Meld check is successfull, the target character can benefit from the "Enhanced Rapid Healing" ability as if he was a Vulcan. The Vulcan character performing Shan-Laka must stay in Mind Meld with the target the whole time.
    Further, all First Aid and Medicine skill test Tests targeting the character in trance, gain a +5 bonus.
    Ardet Nec Consumitur' / Burns but doesn't decay / Brandt maar vergaat niet.

Hey, those are interesting. I might try to use them in a campaign I'm working on right now.

The only one I'd modify is the "regardless of the present distance of the target" for Share Mind. Unless you're creating some über antagonist whose defeat is the point of an entire campaign, it is a little too powerful for a regular PC or NPC. As written, it sounds like someone in the Delta Quadrant could impact people on Vulcan. My instinct is to limit its range so that it isn't overpowered.