Thread: Help please with The Cabal and the Temporal cold war in the 23rd Century

Help please with The Cabal and the Temporal cold war in the 23rd Century

Ok guys I need your help

Right after finishing watching Enterprise I feel that the Temporal cold war and the Cabal was not satifactly resolved, so I am thinking of having my game set in 2285 .

The crew will be using a Constitution Class named USS Defiant NCC-1764-A (I know but they did it the Enterprise so why not.

Any way the first mission will evolve them transporting Dr David Marcus, Dr Carol Marcus, and the Starfleet Corps of Engineers, to the Mutara Sector.

Now this is my main question, what do you think the Cabal have been doing for the past 100 years or so any suggestion.
    Also the climax of my 1st season results in the Defiant being shot into the 24 century, on the other side of romulan space where it will roughly take 2-3 years to arrive back to federation space.

Now what sort of weapon or what ever could be used any suggestion and I would be in your debt

Why do you need to know what they've been doing for the past century. It's a time war. They may simply have skipped the era because Kirk set up too much temporal interference or something. You could have the characters ineract with Archer, or Daniels, or Future Guy. Use your imagination... I've used Daniels in my game. Of course my game is more directed at interdimensional mayhem that time travel, but Daniels took an interest, because some thing my crew did screwed up the timeline, from his point of view...

well i mean as in whats changed about them, there tiny cube things they use wouldn't stand up to a Constitution, i was just wondering if any one had any thoughts on how the Suliban may have advanced?

Okay, as background–is this assuming the TCW is still 'active,' as in the agents are directed by paratemporal controllers to enact timeline changes?

Because if it is, that means the Cabal would probably be provided with whatever their handlers think is appropriate, and that can mean more, less, etc. I assume you wish to use them in your game, which precludes them being removed by an opposing faction.

If it's not, then they would be left with whatever Future Guy gave them, and you have a choice between wide understanding of the future technology within the Cabal, a few Cabal members who do understand and replicate the technology using that to gain power, or a poor understanding of the technology, perhaps just enough to use it and fix some of it when it's broken.

Anyway, if you want them to get all crazy with the futuretech, I suggest that they wire their brains into their little podships, combining them into helixes that can zap stuff with crazy radiation beams, and growing teleoperated clones whenever they need to interact with humanoids.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Also, I second Owen's suggestion of Kirk sending them scurrying with a Temporal Kirk Chop.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I would also take into consideration that the Cabal was likely looking to improve the lot of the Suliban as a whole. They're nomadic, they have no real home. So I would think that the primary motivation of the Cabal is to remedy that. Which might make Carol Marcus' project very interesting to them, don't you think?

Ah, you meant specifically what's happened to the Suliban, not the overall Temporal Cold War. In my campaign, after Archer did his bit to the time travellers and the Sphere builders, the Suliban were abandoned by Future Guy, and the Cabal itself dissolved. The engineered traits were specifically designed so that they were not passed on to the next generations, so those with the gifts eventually died out. I have the Suliban settling on the planet Jackson's Hole in the Triangle and the genetic gifts are now extremely rare. The time travellers no longer meddle with them and they're just a bunch of guys, y'know. I still have the Temporal Cold War happening way in the background, but my focus is currently on invaders from the Mirror Star Wars universe.

Because if it is, that means the Cabal would probably be provided with whatever their handlers think is appropriate, and that can mean more, less, etc. I assume you wish to use them in your game, which precludes them being removed by an opposing faction.
    Yes that is what i am going for that the Cabal has not be removed by an opposing faction. But for the past 100 year they have been biding there time, building on there resources, building more advance ships ect. so any suggestion on there tec and how advanced it should be would be a great help.

I would also take into consideration that the Cabal was likely looking to improve the lot of the Suliban as a whole. They're nomadic, they have no real home. So I would think that the primary motivation of the Cabal is to remedy that. Which might make Carol Marcus' project very interesting to them, don't you think?
    Thank you i couldn't figure out why they would be after Genesis but that makes sense a new home to band all the Suliban under, the Cabal would be heroes to all Suliban.

Ohhh i just got an idea, the federation could have been infiltrated by different faction say an Admiral who the players ship falls under, his command and he tyres to use the ship to eradicate the Suliban and there could be a slow animosity between the crew and this admiral as he gives them more and more Genocidal and immoral missions, which could lead to the party investigating him... Any suggestion?

But as i said i want the season to end with the ship being flung into the future and they have to survive to get back to Federation space.... Any suggestion on that?

Perhaps they hijack some experimental tech from DTI and try to regain contact with Future Guy so they can get some genetis enhancements from him, only something goes wrong and they get accidentally transported. Or perhaps they try to use Kirk's slingshot technique and miscalculate. This of course requires that they are working with/have bamboozled the Marcuses and that David somehow survived Star Trek III.