Thread: ng guide ship rules

ng guide ship rules

Hi my gaming group has created a ship using the narrators guide it's stats are height 5 meters width 17.5meters length 35 meters. My question is are there any ships out there which match these diameters?

I can't say if they match exact. . .but the only two options I can think of are the Danube-class runabout or the "mission scout" Data used in ST: Insurection (sorry, I forget the class name [however, Mission-class seems to ring a bell--not sure it's the right bell though ]).

Something that small is either a large shuttle or small scout.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Indeed the Danube class fits well, specially if your gaming group wants their characters to be in Starfleet.

The name you're looking for redwood is, i believe, Talon-class.

On topic:

Aside from the Danube class which could be seen as something similar in size, you just could go with a Voyager approach and designate the new ship as another class of Runabout shuttle (in a VOY episode Harry Kim has designed a new kind of runabout shuttle called the "Yellowstone-class" IIRC). The figures should maybe be fitting to Voyager's Delta Flyer as well.

Another small Federation craft I could think of would be the Maquis Raider class.

A bit off-topic:

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973 View Post
    I can't say if they match exact. . .but the only two options I can think of are the Danube-class runabout or the "mission scout" Data used in ST: Insurection (sorry, I forget the class name [however, Mission-class seems to ring a bell--not sure it's the right bell though ]).

Something that small is either a large shuttle or small scout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romain View Post
    The name you're looking for redwood is, i believe, Talon-class.
    I think both names are correct: Memory Alpha lists Data's small scout ship from Insurrection as a Federation Mission Scoutship and the article mentions that that design is being called the Talon-class in RPG sourcebooks.

The Mission-class was a courier/merchant ship from the old FASA Trek RPG...

The name given the ship in question by Decipher was the Talon-class.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.