Thread: Help me make a Paladin Order

Help me make a Paladin Order

Hi there.

As you now are aware I am sure I am trying to use CODA for my generic fantasy campaign instead of D&D.

As such one of the players is a Paladin and I need to create an order in CODA that can emulate that.

What I need is essentially a Warrior who can Lay Hands, Turn Undead, Detect Evil and Smite.

Since CODA doesn't really use "class abilities" it isn't just simple case of hand waving and saying "It does this".

I need to do it as Order abilities, so I figure that means a whole new order.

Anyone care to help me with the process?

I was thinking the following;

Detect Corruption: Um... I got no idea on how to do this.

Lay on Hands: As per Healing-Spell (CRB p182) though it only confers a +4 bonus instead of +8.

Smite: As per the Smite spell (PotW p58-59) with the following change, it only affects the Paladin and if they use it against a non-evil creature they have to make a corruption test right away.

Turn Undead: I have no idea how to so this. I just like the idea that as paragons of light and goodness Paladins can make undead creatures recoil in fear or terror. Maybe it wouldn't be against Undead but against corrupt creatures and agents of darkness.

All of the above would be only able to be done once per day, though advancement picks could allow them to add extra uses per day, but only up to a maximum of their Bearing bonus.

Help?
    Last edited by AslanC; 09-06-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Formatting and Typos

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC View Post
    I was thinking the following;

Detect Corruption: Um... I got no idea on how to do this.

Lay on Hands: As per Healing-Spell (CRB p182) though it only confers a +4 bonus instead of +8.

Smite: As per the Smite spell (PotW p58-59) with the following change, it only affects the Paladin and if they use it against a non-evil creature they have to make a corruption test right away.

Turn Undead: I have no idea how to so this. I just like the idea that as paragons of light and goodness Paladins can make undead creatures recoil in fear or terror. Maybe it wouldn't be against Undead but against corrupt creatures and agents of darkness.

All of the above would be only able to be done once per day, though advancement picks could allow them to add extra uses per day, but only up to a maximum of their Bearing bonus.

Help?
    Detect Corruption: maybe you can combine the powers that stem from the spells Sense Power and Reading the Heart, making them and innate ability. On an opposed test, the Paladin PC is able to detect the target's corruption score.

Turn Undead: this may work very easily via the Intimidate skill. Create a specialty that may only be purchased by those characters that take up the traditions of the Paladin and maintain a pure life. On a successful Intimidate (Turn Undead) test, the FEAR table is consulted and the effects are applied. Now if you want to create effects where undead are completely dematerialized by the pure essence of the paladin, then you may need to create a TN table that may be tied to Advancement level, skill rank, etc.

I hope these ideas help.

They do indeed.

These would be Order Abilities and maybe the turn one has 3 levels, at the top level you do damage to the undead based on something, otherwise it is an Intimidate Check

This is going to be an Elite Order