Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek 2233

Star Trek 2233

Besides what we've seen on the big screen, what do we know about the Star Trek universe c. 2233 (when George Kirk served aboard the USS Kelvin)?

After seeing the latest motion picture, my Star Trek RPG fires were rekindled and I thought about digging my ICON books out of storage and recruiting for a new Series.

While I enjoyed the film, I was most interested in the beginning sequence with the pre-TOS setting. I liked the uniforms particularly, but cannot find full-length pictures (photos or graphics) anywhere, online or otherwise.

As many of you who know me know, I'm not much of a traditionalist when it comes to Star Trek, but I'd really like to take a shot at an early 23rd century Star Trek game.

Any thoughts or other input is most welcome.

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

If you can stand the wait, there'll be an art book for the film out at the end of the year. On the basis of part art books, it should be quite helpful.
    "Star Trekkin' across the universe, On the Starship Enterprise, Under Captain Kirk.
    Star Trekkin' across the universe, Boldly going forward 'cause we can't find reverse."
    Star Trekkin' by The Firm.

I'm sure you're not alone in being intrigued by the early sequences of the film. I'm eagerly awaiting the Art Book/DVD/Blu-RAY for the same reason. The movie's concept artist has posted some nice sketches of the bridge/corridors of the Kelvin online somewhere. I'll see if I can find the link.

I know there's a sourcebook for the pre-tos era out there to download somewhere.

It's very closely tied to the original TOS and not the new sexy pre-TOS we saw in the movie but it's a great sourcebook that has inspired me alot.

And then I must agree with you... the Kelvin scenes are the by far most awsome parts of the entire film!
    What have we come to if you can't demand sexual favours from the people in your employ? - Quark (The Dogs of War)

The start of the film is easily the best (least troublsome) part.

I just wish the Kelvin looked a bit more like this...

"Star Trekkin' across the universe, On the Starship Enterprise, Under Captain Kirk.
    Star Trekkin' across the universe, Boldly going forward 'cause we can't find reverse."

But thats the beauty of RPGs...in your campaign, it can look that way.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

however.
    No matter what if think of the new film and the new look of the starship I must say that the new 23-century uniforms are awsome upgrades of the TOS ones and it ould be awsome to have a bunch of screencaps (or begind the scenes footage) of a bunch of the extras on the film to use as character portaits for out 23-century campaigns!!!

Anyone got any of those?
    What have we come to if you can't demand sexual favours from the people in your employ? - Quark (The Dogs of War)

I do love the new uniforms, well the male ones at least.

Uhura looked like a cocktail waitress for Gods sake!

Does anyone know what ship class the Kelvin is? It must be a big ship if George Kirk save 800 lives. I think the Enterprise only haves about half that much unless ships just carry more crew in the reboot.

I think it's meant to be Kelvin-class although I don't remember where I read that.

The write-up I got the other day for the support site calls it Kelvin-class, though that is obviously not official.

Reminds me, I need to get that update put together....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by mactavish View Post
    While I enjoyed the film, I was most interested in the beginning sequence with the pre-TOS setting. I liked the uniforms particularly, but cannot find full-length pictures (photos or graphics) anywhere, online or otherwise.
    I found this image of George Kirk, which is the closest I could find to full length to get a good look at the uniform.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/me...ing_Kelvin.jpg

Skree, you rock!!
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

The colors for the uniform according to the article are

BLUE=COMMAND(assumed)

GREENISH-GOLD=? (operations) This is MY assumption

PEARL-GREY=? (science) This is MY assumption

WHITE= MEDICAL