Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 years and still flying

Quote Originally Posted by Don Mappin View Post
    Christ on a stick I feel old!

Pure randomness in that I swung by a site that listed that this week was the 10 year anniversary. I think it's pretty awesome that it's still going strong and that the interest is still there. Makes me really proud of the community that was started "back in the day" and continues forward still.

I tend to stay away to let the site live a life of its own and management move forward without my shadow getting in the way. So it's nothing personal. (That and no one in my area wants to run/play Trek; out of sight, out of mind.)

Every so often I have that dream that someone will pick up the Trek license and I'll get a call.

Good luck, all!

Hi Don.

Nice to see you around.

I am reasonably sure, that Magnus wouldn't mind you swinging by here a bit more often than you do.
    Anyway it is very nice, to see you're still around whenever you drop by.

Thanks for starting this 'back in the day' and handing it over to Magnus when you felt it was time to...

You feel old, good lord your 1 year and 1 month older than me. Get over it, your not even half way to retirement.

Anyway, it's good to see you popping in again Don.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I tend to stay away to let the site live a life of its own and management move forward without my shadow getting in the way. So it's nothing personal. (That and no one in my area wants to run/play Trek; out of sight, out of mind.)
    Great to see you Don! Never hesitate to drop by whenever you feel the urge. As the founder of the site you do cast a bit of a shadow. But I can't think of anyone here who can't handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    To make sure the site stays up for another decade and more I have come up with an idea that might be of interest to the mods. But I would like to discuss this in private first, with some of the mods an the admins.
    Storm, send me a PM. Might be something we already have thought of, but decided not to or still is in the limbo of things that requires something else to get completed first, or something new.

Well it's old home week.

And for those who remember my name changes, I have joined in early 2000 I think.

Wow and a visit from the reclusive Don

Cheers guys.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I have really enjoyed this little community we built-up here. And I'm glad to still be a part of it, though I don't participate as much as I used to.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Honestly, this was the first forum I ever joined so it always has a special place in my heart. I mostly lurk here and use it as a resource and my activity is always based on whether I am running Trek campaigns. Right now I'm running two ICON campaigns so all is good.

I miss the evil Dan Moppin visiting us...
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Yeah now I recall this was the first forum I ever joined as well as I forayed into the interwebs Ahh time flies!
    Ta Muchly

I wasn't here at the beginning, but pretty close to it. Haven't been involved in a Trek game in years, but I still like this place.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
    All these old faces resurfacing, good to see.

Been a good time, thanks to everyone for all the good ideas and inspiration on the boards.

Good to have them here!

Brian K

Is there cake? I was told there'd be cake...
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

the cake is a lie

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Lundgren View Post
    On August 24th 1999 did Don Mappin open the doors to this forum. Within 2 days had the number of members reached 50, some still active.

TrekRPGNet itself, as an independent repository for Star Trek roleplaying material, was created the year before. The site itself will become 11 year old in just 10 days.

A lot of years in the rear mirror

May the good 'ship' TrekRPGnet live long and prosper.

Christ on a stick I feel old!

Pure randomness in that I swung by a site that listed that this week was the 10 year anniversary. I think it's pretty awesome that it's still going strong and that the interest is still there. Makes me really proud of the community that was started "back in the day" and continues forward still.

Every so often I have that dream that someone will pick up the Trek license and I'll get a call.

Good luck, all!

Thanks for stopping by.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Wow, we've been at this a while.

Don; Thanks for starting a wonderful place to visit.
    Magnus; Thanks for keeping her going.
    To the other Members and Moderators; Thank you for keeping the peace and sharing of ideas. Sometimes this place feels like a second family to me.

Happy 10th!

So, who brought the cake?
    Cake, some ask for cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stack View Post
    Is there cake? I was told there'd be cake...
    Quote Originally Posted by AslanC View Post
    the cake is a lie

No, just a band.
    .... and some frosty ones.
    Alright, let there be cake!
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting